"Install Did Not Succeed" and "Cannot uninstall OneCare" RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. I have a problem with OneCare. Here is what happens step by step.

1. Run OneCareCleanup.exe (succeeds apparently and I reboot)
    2. Run SetupOneCare.exe
    3. SetupOneCare.exe downloads the installation files successfully.
    4. SetupOneCare.exe begins installing OneCare
    5. Error 1: "Install did not succeed"
    - An error occured during Windows Live OneCare installation. Please contact support.
    - Error ID: 0038-8007066
    6. SetupOneCare.exe begins "Cleaning up..."
    7. Error 2: "Cannot uninstall OneCare"
    - An error occured during the attempt to cancel the OneCare installation and not all files and settings may have been removed. Go to the help center for assistance with correcting this issue.
    - Error ID: 0029-8007064C

The end.

I have gone through both the forums and FAQs and I have tried disabling all non-microsoft startup items in combination with running the OneCareCleanup.exe tool to no avail. I also have every one of the latest Windows Updates installed.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.

Joel
    Friday, September 12, 2008 11:39 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Joel, it looks like you have already tried everything we would suggest in the forums so contacting support will be the best option. How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2 

Saturday, September 13, 2008 1:07 AM
  • Hello Jim,
    Looks like I have a similar error message regarding the installation of Live Care, however, the one I received is: 0035-800-70666. 

I do not have access to the previous threads you may have sent to the other user.  If there is a step by step procedure you are recommending, please advise.

Thanks

Craig Brown
    Wednesday, December 10, 2008 12:44 AM
  • Hello Craig, the 0035 error indicates the backup feature of One Care failed to install. This could be caused by packet writing software such as Drag to Disc or Disc at Once ( Roxio, Nero, etc.) running in the background. If you have this type of software running, exit the program using the system tray icon. If this does not apply or does not resolve the issue please contact support. How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 12:53 AM