Conflict management issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using Conflict management for MS Sync services for Devices.

MS Sync services ADO.NET for devices v1 sp1

MS Sql CE compact 3.5 sp1(Client DB)
    MS Sql Server 2008 (Server DB)

Using Wb Service as sync service.

My Problem:

My requirement is to capture conflicts on the server side and log info in a table(MS SQL Server) and take no action.

I am able to log the info, but client side record is replaced by the server side one.

1.ApplyAction.Continue --- Client record wil be replaced by the Server.
    2.ApplyAction.RetryApplyingRow --- Its going into a infinte loop and finally returns a "Thread being Aborted." exception.
    3.ApplyAction.RetryWithForeWrite --- It is also going into a infinte loop and finally returns a " Thread being Aborted." exception.

if i put a condition to (2 & 3) to call it only once, than the Client record will be replaced by the server. (like mentioned below)

if (cusuTryCount == 0)

{

cusuTryCount = 1;

e.Action =

ApplyAction.RetryWithForceWrite;

}

One more thing is that if i didn't specify any Action, than by defult the server will win.

Please help me.

TIA
    Jagadeesh

Saturday, October 10, 2009 10:26 AM

Answers

• Hello Jadadeesh,

I am thinking the following data need to be logged during conflict detection in the upload stage.
    1. The client Id
    2. The client data row (the conflicting one to server)
    3. The server Timestamp or datetime - we may have multiple conflicts on the same row by the same client or different client.

Thanks.
    Leo Zhou ------ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, October 26, 2009 6:56 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hello Jadadeesh,

Do you mean once there is a conflict between the client and server, all you want is to log the conflicts at the server side and do not want client record to be updated by the server data? 

if so there is going to be non-convergent data, between the server and the client, right?  Do you really want non-convergent data?

Thanks.

Leo Zhou ------ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, October 12, 2009 11:11 PM
    Answerer

• Hi Leo,

First of all sorry for late reply, I was down with fever.

I am OK with the non-convergent data between server and client.

Let me know how to do this?

TIA
    Jagadeesh

Sunday, October 18, 2009 1:02 PM
  • Hello Jadadeesh,

I am thinking the following data need to be logged during conflict detection in the upload stage.
    1. The client Id
    2. The client data row (the conflicting one to server)
    3. The server Timestamp or datetime - we may have multiple conflicts on the same row by the same client or different client.

Thanks.
    Monday, October 26, 2009 6:56 PM
    Answerer