Windows not genuine??? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am back again and so is that annoying windows not genuine. did as you asked last time and all was well but it has reared it's ugly head for a third time! I have not changed anything on my windows or installed anything new apart from the automatic updates I keep getting....yes I am still able to get updates or download any free software for genuine advantage users, so what is the problem? because it is really annoying when I get that box on start up and that little annoying star thingy in my task bar saying I may be a victim of piracy. 

Monday, October 23, 2006 6:50 PM

Answers

All replies

• sorry,  my original post below was by miffed on 14/9/2006 12.12pm...had to make new name b'cos forgot password.

Could someone tell me why microsoft are telling me my windows is not genuine!! I bought my pc 3 yrs ago from PACKARD BELL and had no problem with it being genuine until recently when at start up it says my windows is not genuine and stops windows loading up, then i have to restart for it load into windows but i get a message that i have a counterfeit copy of windows!!! I am really annoyed that I have had to already replace my windows master disks at the costs of £45 because the original ones that i was allowed to copy from my system had crc errors and would not work. I am sure PACKARD BELL have not sold me counterfeit windows....what do you think??? please let me know because this is driving me crazy.

Monday, October 23, 2006 7:03 PM
  • Miffed2,

To help me understand the issue further can you please follow the steps below?

1. Download and run the WGA Diagnostic Tool  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

2. After running the WGA Diagnostic Tool, click on the "Windows" tab and then click on "Copy" at the bottom right of the window. Paste the results into your forum response by starting a new post/thread and holding down "CTRL" and clicking "V" while still having "CTRL" held.

Monday, October 23, 2006 8:02 PM
  • Diagnostic Report (1.5.0545.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-BFDCC-3BMCY-QGWPD
    Windows Product Key Hash: 8dFTlxbCDMH7eCGI/GjBzGT53UI=
    Windows Product ID: 55277-OEM-2111907-00109
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010300.2.0.hom
    ID: 0c363a66-2b65-42bc-a567-efb876d80e43
    Is Admin: Yes
    AutoDial: No
    Registry: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.5.540.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

System Scan Data-->
    Scan: Complete
    Cryptography: Complete

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 5
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.5.540.0
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 109
    Office Diagnostics:

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>0c363a66-2b65-42bc-a567-efb876d80e43</UGUID><Version>1.5.0545.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010300.2.0.hom</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-QGWPD</PKey><PID>55277-OEM-2111907-00109</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-3744439853-2321164501-3280477899</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Packard Bell NEC</Manufacturer><Model>00000000000000000000000</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>American Megatrends Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>1.0M</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20030815000000.000000+000</Date><SLPBIOS>NECC_</SLPBIOS></BIOS><HWID>1A0F312F0184A053</HWID><UserLCID>0809</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>GMT Standard Time(GMT+00:00)</TimeZone></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Tuesday, October 24, 2006 7:45 AM
  • Please download this latest version of the notifier.

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=69498

If that does not solve your issue, please try to re-validate one final time at www.microsoft.com/genuine

thanks.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006 5:12 PM
  • The windows not genuine message has disappeared of its own accord but I downloaded the latest version of notifier anyway, no doubt I will have this problem again and again. Concerning validation just how many times does one have to validate? I have done it so many times now I have lost count! and it passes validation every time, like I said in my earlier post I get my updates, can download software for genuine windows users only, so can anyone explain why this keeps happening as I would be interested to know. I really think microsoft has a problem with this software just looking on the posts in this forum and need to deal with it especially when people are paying a high price for their windows operating system not only in cash but in stress.

Thanks for at least answering my post Derrick but I will not know if the new version has worked until maybe a couple of weeks as the message appears roughly every 8 weeks.

By the way, are you sure this software is not purposely telling people their windows is not genuine so many times hoping they get fed up enough to go out and buy another???? Well I have bought it twice already. never again, rather go back to win98 never had a problem with that.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006 7:55 PM