User Replication -- Takes a long time RRS feed

• Question

• I have moved several users over to the Office Communications Server 2007 from OCS 2005. 

1. They have the new client installed
    2. The correct internal server applied via policy
    3. The users account in the my OCS 2007 Console, are enabled
    4. The OCS User Replicator has completed and gives me this message:
    User Replicator connected to domain controller my.domaincontroller.com in domain domaincontroller.com to perform synchronization
    5. I see the OCS User Replicator in Event Viewer appx every two hours.

Now, that all of those steps have been completed -- why are newly moved users unable to login with the new OC?

Thanks,

Mike
    Tuesday, October 2, 2007 5:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Mike,

Check the users' application logs: when communicator fails to log in, it usually drops an error message in the application log that gives more details as to why it wasn't able to connect.

Two of the most common causes of failing to log in are problems with DNS and Certificates.

My guess is that it is DNS: if you have LCS up and running right now, you probably have 1 SRV record pointing to the LCS pool. When the new OCS client comes up, it looks for the SRV record in DNS and sees the LCS pool - it tries to log in to LCS, but it can't because the new OC clients aren't supported with LCS.

But check the error logs & post what you find - that will help narrow down the cause.

Regards,

Matt

Tuesday, October 2, 2007 6:24 PM
  • Okay. I'm narrowed down the issue to these things.

1. If I disable/re-enable a users Communications account they can sign-in without waiting

Why else would replication be taking too long and/or failing? I do not see anything in my logs that suggest replication is failing? Could there be an issue with my database (this is a Standard Edition Server)?

DNS should not be an issue, because they can later signin after I disable and re-enable the user account. Also, I'lve noticed some users it seems to take a long time for them to sign-in -- but it eventually works.

Any thoughts?

Here is a event from my log that just completed (these events are completing every two hours?):

------------------------------------------------------------------
    Source: OCS User Replicator
    Category: (1009)
    Event: 30021

User Replicator connected to domain controller mivw32.cac.com in domain cac.com to perform synchronization

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wednesday, October 3, 2007 5:56 PM
  • BUmp?
    Friday, October 5, 2007 9:19 PM