Querying past due dates? RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys,

Odd question and Im sort of astounded that I dont see this functionality. I want to run a query that shows Tasks that are past due. At first, it seemed simple. I just have to create a view that queries for tasks with a due date in the past, right? Simple, right?... NO. I see no option for the past. I do not see a "before" or an "older than X days" or a "in the past" option at all. this is really important to my project. Can anyone help with this? Thanks!

Friday, April 26, 2013 8:36 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Could you not use the 'Last X days/weeks/months/years' filter?

hth 

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public     Follow Me on Twitter
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Friday, April 26, 2013 9:31 PM
    Answerer
  • As Scott hints at, for "in the past" I always use "Last X years" with X=99

Hope this helps.
    Adam Vero, Microsoft Certified Trainer | Microsoft Community Contributor 2011
    Blog: Getting IT Right

Saturday, April 27, 2013 9:44 PM
  • You are right, it would include things from today, but only from the past ie ones that were due earlier today than the current time, so technically are overdue.

Hope this helps.

• Marked as answer by GenghisJohn00 Monday, April 29, 2013 5:59 PM
    Monday, April 29, 2013 3:31 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you not use the 'Last X days/weeks/months/years' filter?

hth 

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public     Follow Me on Twitter
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Friday, April 26, 2013 9:31 PM
    Answerer
  • As Scott hints at, for "in the past" I always use "Last X years" with X=99

Hope this helps.

Saturday, April 27, 2013 9:44 PM
  • Wouldnt this query also include results for the current day?

Certainly I could create a query that returns results for if DueDate = Last 99 years, but then would that not also include items that are due on the present day that are not overdue yet?

Monday, April 29, 2013 2:51 PM
  • You are right, it would include things from today, but only from the past ie ones that were due earlier today than the current time, so technically are overdue.

Hope this helps.

• Marked as answer by GenghisJohn00 Monday, April 29, 2013 5:59 PM
    Monday, April 29, 2013 3:31 PM