Validating front end server RRS feed

• Question

•  

I'm getting this error in the validation log.  Any ideas?  Is it an issue? 

Failure
    [0xC3FC200D] One or more errors were detected

Attempting to establish SIP dialog from x@x.com to y@x.com using x.a.x.com   Maximum hops: 3
    Check two-party IM: sip:y@x.com is connected to remote user sip:x@x.com via route x.a.x.com
    Check two-party IM: sip:x@x.com is connected to remote user sip:y@x.com via route x.a.x.com
    Attempting to establish SIP dialog: Processing failed as one or more steps did not complete successfully
      Failure
    Thursday, April 5, 2007 10:32 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Thanks for the response. I have been able to repro your issue by simply signing off (from OC 2007) one of the users that I was testing with. I noticed in this mode that the Authentication test would pass for both users and of course the SIP session test failed from the user that was not signed in. I need to gather more scope from your issue so I can put together the tshooting material we are going to need,

1. Are you having SIP or Messaging issues with actual OC 2007 users on your network when thay are signed into the OCS 2007 FE server using OC 2007? If the answer is yes, how many users are you experiencing this issue? Are the users on different subnets? Are the users in the same Windows forest. Are the users separated by any type of firewall?

2. Are you just experiencing these SIP messaging issues with the Front End Server valaidation test?

3. If the answewr to question 2 is yes. Then make sure that each user is logged on to a workstaion that is a domain member and that each user is logged into OC 2007. Then begin the test again.

4. If needed we will have to set up some network captures and some server sided logging on the OCS 2007 server. I will work with you on emailing or transferring logged information between us.

Friday, April 6, 2007 7:57 PM

All replies

• I can easily reproduce this error in the same manner as you, but this error can occur during different context of the validation test. For instance, my IM communication between the 2 SIP users passed, but the failure occurred during the Default Route for Federation test (I do not have a default route). So recreate the issue and then view the entire log in your browser window. Just drill down until you see the last occurrence of the error and that will define the reason for the error. If you need more information then - just reply to this post.
    Thursday, April 5, 2007 11:08 PM
  • This is the last error.

Attempting to establish SIP dialog: Processing failed as one or more steps did not complete successfully
      Failure

Thursday, April 5, 2007 11:49 PM
  • Hello,

Thanks for the response. I have been able to repro your issue by simply signing off (from OC 2007) one of the users that I was testing with. I noticed in this mode that the Authentication test would pass for both users and of course the SIP session test failed from the user that was not signed in. I need to gather more scope from your issue so I can put together the tshooting material we are going to need,

1. Are you having SIP or Messaging issues with actual OC 2007 users on your network when thay are signed into the OCS 2007 FE server using OC 2007? If the answer is yes, how many users are you experiencing this issue? Are the users on different subnets? Are the users in the same Windows forest. Are the users separated by any type of firewall?

2. Are you just experiencing these SIP messaging issues with the Front End Server valaidation test?

3. If the answewr to question 2 is yes. Then make sure that each user is logged on to a workstaion that is a domain member and that each user is logged into OC 2007. Then begin the test again.

4. If needed we will have to set up some network captures and some server sided logging on the OCS 2007 server. I will work with you on emailing or transferring logged information between us.

Friday, April 6, 2007 7:57 PM
  •  Mike Adkins wrote:

Hello,

1.  No

2.  Yes

3.  This is probably the issue.  I didn't understand this issue.  I'll retest today and post the results.  Thanks.

Monday, April 9, 2007 3:35 PM
  •  

Hi Beaum,

Can you let us know the status of your issue? Did Mike Adkins' suggestion work? Would you share it with the forum? If not, please let us know ASAP.

Thanks!

Friday, April 13, 2007 6:30 AM
  •  Thom Foreman-Moderator wrote:

Hi Beaum,

Can you let us know the status of your issue? Did Mike Adkins' suggestion work? Would you share it with the forum? If not, please let us know ASAP.

Thanks!

Really sorry.  I didn't get a chance to test this on Monday.  I've been traveling this week.  I'll be back in the office on Monday.  I'll test then.

Friday, April 13, 2007 1:45 PM
  • Hello,

I'll be back in the office on 4/16/07

Friday, April 13, 2007 11:45 PM
  • The suggestion to have both users running Communicator resolved the issue.  Sorry for the delay in answering the question.
    Wednesday, April 25, 2007 2:21 AM