64 bit vista ultimate connector issues RRS feed

• Question

• After I backuped my WHS server data to my new WD 2TB drive.

I updated the pp1 in the SmartServer 475 yesterday, everything seems ok with the 2 WinXp Pc.

I then tried to install the connector on 64 bit vista pc, for some reason, I cannot get to the whs shared folder.

I then copied the 64 bit connector software or the folder to the local drive and installed from there. the installation is fine. After the installation,I cannot get to the WHS from shared folder icon fon the vista desktop. error message 'Windows cannot find myserver'.

I did a maual backup from the vista pc with about 600Gb diskspace and the backup seems fine with added about 250 GB data to whs pool.

I tried mstsc.exe in to WHS from the 64 bit vista pc. it returned with error message ' The computer cannot connect to you home server.check you network connection and make sure homeserver is power on'.  If I cannot get to the WHS, I cannot restore any data.

From the other WinXP pc, network health indicates that on the vista pc 'the antivirus software is not installed or out of date'. But I use the Norton antivirus softerware for this pc.

Any help or suggestion in resolving these issues will be appreciated.

Thanks

Kwok

Monday, June 23, 2008 12:23 PM

Answers

• I tried disable the the auto-detect, it still does the fix the issue.

I then go to the auto-detect configuration and take off the check on 'turn on bloodhound heuristics', it then fixes the problem itself. I don't know what this option does to protect the PC.

I have the Norton Internet Security package that comes with the HP pc.

Thanks

Kwok

Monday, June 23, 2008 10:14 PM

All replies

• What version of Norton is it?

What is Norton reporting on that PC?

Have you tried temporarily disabling the Norton software and seeing if that helps?

Monday, June 23, 2008 8:23 PM
  • Todd, I have already filed a bug report as Norton 2008 reports its not there or out of date which never used to be the case before PP1.

Andrew

Monday, June 23, 2008 8:28 PM
  • What is the bug number on Connect for tracking this issue?

Monday, June 23, 2008 9:43 PM
  • I tried disable the the auto-detect, it still does the fix the issue.

I then go to the auto-detect configuration and take off the check on 'turn on bloodhound heuristics', it then fixes the problem itself. I don't know what this option does to protect the PC.

I have the Norton Internet Security package that comes with the HP pc.

Thanks

Kwok

Monday, June 23, 2008 10:14 PM