Password do not match message RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have set the passwords on my workstation user as my WHS account the same

But when i start my workstation, the message always comes that passwords do not match

I change it in the box that pops up, and type the same passwords in the user an whs line

The message says that the password on my workstation has been changed to match

But when i start up the workstation again the same message starts over again...

Monday, June 18, 2007 8:41 PM

All replies

• I have also had a lot of problems with Passwords and accounts

For example when I create a Duplicate of my user name and pass on my server and attempt to browse files through Network Neighborhood it gives me an error that that account has been locked out

and Ill try to resimulate the erros but thers defintely something fishy with passwords going on

I use Vista X64 as a client
    Monday, June 18, 2007 9:00 PM
  • I reported this a few days ago. I had the same problem. I ended up deleting the user and recreating them and the password problem went away.
    Monday, June 18, 2007 9:02 PM
  • I did the same thing but It happened several Times in a row

Monday, June 18, 2007 9:27 PM
  • Can you please Talq your Windows Home Server and Home Computer, post the CAB numbers here in the thread?

Thanks!

Monday, June 18, 2007 10:15 PM
  • I've had the same problem.  I thought it was related to the following but now it looks like it might actually be a bug.  

I have multiple pc's on my home network.  I use the same user id but with different passwords on some of these pc(s).  I know this sounds dumb, but at the time I had a good reason for doing this.  Anyway, WHS does not seem to associate User Accounts with specific pc(s).   Therefore if I use the same id on multiple pc(s), I must synchronize their passwords or enter the user id and password each time I connect to shared files. 

Monday, June 18, 2007 10:49 PM
  • If you let me know where I could find them
    Tuesday, June 19, 2007 10:00 AM
  • Please read the directions in the announcement post "If you are having bugs with RC" That will give you the information you need.
    Tuesday, June 19, 2007 4:27 PM