Can OneCare trigger a third party defrag program instead of defrag.exe? RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to use a different defragger. Can I somehow trigger a different program or can I exclude defragging from the tune-up?

regards,

Fabian
    Thursday, February 7, 2008 1:17 PM

Answers

• No, this is unfortunately not an option for OneCare. You can continue to use your 3rd party defrag program of choice, but you can't substitute or configure the default used by OneCare.

-steve

Thursday, February 7, 2008 1:36 PM

All replies

• No, this is unfortunately not an option for OneCare. You can continue to use your 3rd party defrag program of choice, but you can't substitute or configure the default used by OneCare.

-steve

Thursday, February 7, 2008 1:36 PM
  • Hello Steve,

that's a pity, because my third party tool will most likely order the files differently on the hdd. So defrag.exe will move them
    and the third party tool will move them back. I think this should be an option for future versions (at least the possibility to switch defragging off)...

regards,

Fabian
    Friday, February 8, 2008 11:35 AM
  •  Neutronensturm wrote:
    Hello Steve,

that's a pity, because my third party tool will most likely order the files differently on the hdd. So defrag.exe will move them
    and the third party tool will move them back. I think this should be an option for future versions (at least the possibility to switch defragging off)...

regards,

Fabian

Fabian, I and many other agree with you. Now we just need Microsoft to agree.

-steve

Friday, February 8, 2008 7:29 PM