Forgotten password in Internet Options RRS feed

• Question

• As I have not gone into Internet Options for quite a long time I have forgotten my password eventhough I had originally input a hint.

I now wish to change Content within Internet Options but am unbale to do so without me inputting my password.

I would be grateful in being advised how to resolve this problem.

gaz10 

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 10:14 PM

All replies

•  gaz10 wrote:

As I have not gone into Internet Options for quite a long time I have forgotten my password eventhough I had originally input a hint.

I now wish to change Content within Internet Options but am unbale to do so without me inputting my password.

I would be grateful in being advised how to resolve this problem.

gaz10 

How do we know you're not trying to get around your parents'/employer's restrictions? Wink

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 10:49 PM
  • Point taken but I am the administrator of the computer. Parents are out of the question as I am well over 21 and also emlpoyer out of the question as it's my home PC.

gaz10    

Thursday, July 26, 2007 5:31 PM
  •  gaz10 wrote:

Point taken but I am the administrator of the computer. Parents are out of the question as I am well over 21 and also emlpoyer out of the question as it's my home PC.

gaz10    

Yes, but how do WE know that? Wink

OK, OK, I won't torture you...

1) START - RUN - regedit
    2) Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Ratings
    3) Delete the icon named Key.
    4) Exit regedit
    5) Reboot
    6)
    Open the Internet Options again, click on the Content tab and click on Disable. When asked for a password, don't enter anything; just click on OK. This will disable Content Advisor because there's no longer a password.

Good luck...

Thursday, July 26, 2007 5:40 PM
  • Thanks for taking the time to help me out SME but fortunately the memory cells (within my head) kicked in and I was able to recall my password so I was saved the trouble of trying out your suggestion.

Cheers......until next time.

gaz10 

Sunday, July 29, 2007 6:10 PM