New Entity Fields Question RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to create a new entity for my offices, I basically need something almost identical to the fields in the Account entity . Is there any way to copy all the fields from the account entity and put it under a new entity? I need all the address information fields etc and when trying to create field by field I notice there is no way to create additional primary key fields for things like Address1_addresstype . Anyone have any ideas on how I can acomplish this or something similar?

GY

Friday, January 4, 2013 3:54 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Unfortunately there is no supported way to copy existing entity structure to another entity you have to create all these attributes manually, but you could export account entity and get attribute structure and copy it in your newly created entity and then try to import it (make sure you have to be very careful on this otherwise you can face issue and this is not recommended)

Contact Me
    Follow me on Twitter
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

• Marked as answer by Garabedye Friday, January 4, 2013 5:05 PM
    Friday, January 4, 2013 4:03 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Unfortunately there is no supported way to copy existing entity structure to another entity you have to create all these attributes manually, but you could export account entity and get attribute structure and copy it in your newly created entity and then try to import it (make sure you have to be very careful on this otherwise you can face issue and this is not recommended)

Contact Me
    Follow me on Twitter
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

• Marked as answer by Garabedye Friday, January 4, 2013 5:05 PM
    Friday, January 4, 2013 4:03 PM
  • Thanks for your help.

GY

Friday, January 4, 2013 5:06 PM
  • Well Garabedye, export the desire entity in a solution, rename it and import the solution. may this trick help you.

Friday, January 4, 2013 5:06 PM