deleted folder pair now it doesnt work RRS feed

• Question

• I deleted my folder pair and recreated it but when I run it nothing happens.  How can I delete everything and start over?
    Tuesday, May 25, 2010 2:16 AM

All replies

• Is there any error info while did syncing?

If you want to clear all of folder pairs info, you can delete all of the folder pairs by deleting SyncToyDirPairs.bin.

**NOTE** Delete this file will remove all of your existing folder pairs info, be careful doing this. In case you really want to.

Thanks,

Ping 

Saving a Folder Pair

• SyncToy saves your folder pair information automatically when you create a new folder pair or change an existing one. You don't need to take any special action to ensure that the folder pair information is saved.
    • <label id="note">Technical note:</label>The folder pair information is saved in a file named "SyncToyDirPairs.bin," (on Windows Vista: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\SyncToy\2.0\SyncToyDirPairs.bin, on Windows XP: "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\SyncToy\2.0\SyncToyDirPairs.bin").

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, May 26, 2010 12:23 AM
  • I deleted the file indicated and it still didnt act like it was a new folder pair.  I am trying to start all over again with a folder pair.  Its like some archive bit has been either set or cleared so it does not echo them. I even deleted everything in the 2.0 directory with same results.
    Wednesday, May 26, 2010 7:03 PM
  • I see, it is not the folder pair itself 's problem. Your question should be with echo action, no files was syncing.

Then create a folder on left side, preview what will happen with your folder pairs? If it still has nothing happend(I concern about this).

Could you have a try to change action as synchronize, then **DO NOT** do sync but preview, take a look, what will happen?

Thanks,

Ping

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Sunday, May 30, 2010 6:52 AM