still no product key... RRS feed

• Question

• 5 days after i ordered windows XP Pro cause of the WGA i am still waiting for a product key, i phoned today only to hear that i would recieve it in 24 hours, well i am still waiting... :(

gez@dtmpower.co.za and i live in south africa

Monday, September 4, 2006 6:12 PM

Answers

• Gezzy:

The error you're seeing is because there is a problem occuring with WIndows Update.

Try registering the following:

Click Start, select Run and type (pressing enter after each one and wait for the
    success message):

net.exe stop wuauserv

Press Ok

Repeat for the following:

regsvr32 wuapi.dll
    regsvr32 wups.dll
    regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
    regsvr32 wucltui.dll
    regsvr32 msxml3.dll
    regsvr32 atl.dll

net.exe start wuauserv

Tuesday, September 5, 2006 4:18 AM

All replies

• i recieved my product key, but when i try and use the windows product key update tool it gives me the following 'error 0x8007043b'?? is there a fix for this?
    Monday, September 4, 2006 8:36 PM
  • Gezzy:

The error you're seeing is because there is a problem occuring with WIndows Update.

Try registering the following:

Click Start, select Run and type (pressing enter after each one and wait for the
    success message):

net.exe stop wuauserv

Press Ok

Repeat for the following:

regsvr32 wuapi.dll
    regsvr32 wups.dll
    regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
    regsvr32 wucltui.dll
    regsvr32 msxml3.dll
    regsvr32 atl.dll

net.exe start wuauserv

Tuesday, September 5, 2006 4:18 AM
  • I tried what you said and everything went ok, but when i tried using the keyupdatetool i get the same error again? anything else i can try?
    Tuesday, September 5, 2006 7:27 AM
  • I seem to be stuck at this point now... **see writing in red**

Troubleshooting steps

Error 1083: The executable program that this service is configured to run in does not implement the service. (0x8007043B)

If you receive this error message, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, click Run, type Regsvr32 %windir%\system32\qmgr.dll, and then click OK. (C:\WINDOWS\system32\qmgr.dll was loaded, but the Dllregisterserver entry point was not found....The file cannot be registered)
    2. Click Start, click Run, type regsvr32 %windir%\system32\qmgrprxy.dll, and then click OK.
    3. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.
    4. Double-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
    5. In the General tab, click Start.

Tuesday, September 5, 2006 8:26 AM
  • Did you resolve this issue. I seem to be in the some spot. I just recieved my hp recovery disc. That work fine. But when I upgrade to the $200.00 XP Pro SP2, I cannot get upgrades. I've been at this for a week. I have been on the phone with Microsoft Techs for three days. And still cannot fix the problem. I long as I use XP PRO and not try to upgrade my hp XP Home version it works fine??? Recieving same error Ox8007043B.
    Thursday, June 28, 2007 6:27 AM
  • Papp'e

Did you try the recommendation Phil Liu MS posted in this same thread? 

Stephen Holm, MS

Thursday, June 28, 2007 10:07 PM