Constituent records not updated when a donation or pledge is entered RRS feed

• Question

• Matt,

We installed with version 1.0. Is there a way to upgrade to 1.2? Also, when we enter donations and pledges, the totals for the Constituent records are not being updated. How do we fix that?

-M. Wiley
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 3:01 PM

Answers

• hi Mark,

For the totals to appear on the Constituents, you can try this...

Go to Settings -> Solutions -> Double click to open the Solution -> go to SDK Message Processing Steps -> Verify if all the plugin steps are "Enabled" -> in any case u can "Activate" it. The totals should start working after that.

Note that one can also accomplish this during the installation of the Solution. In the installation wizard there is an option to "activate all the process..." this is unchecked by default. One needs to check it.

Hope it helps!

RBaliga

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 7:32 PM

All replies

• 1.2 installs right on top of 1.0, so you can download 1.2 from the Marketplace and install it directly.

I haven't heard any issues with donations not updating constituent records. I've split this out to another thread on the forum in case the discussion takes a while.

Can you share the exact steps you're taking to create the new donation/pledge records?  Thanks!

Thursday, June 2, 2011 3:14 PM
  • When I try to import, I get the message: This solution is already installed on this system as a managed solution and the package supplied is trying to install it in unmanaged mode.
    -M. Wiley
    P.S. I removed 1.0 and installed 1.2 - life is good. I will test the donation / pledge issue again. I should probably start a new thread, but is there a way to flag one of the Constituent addresses as primary? I thought ablut adding a checkbox, but what if two or more records are checked? Perhaps a workflow or trigger to update alternative addresses to un-flagged when an address is marked?
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 4:54 PM
  • is there any documentation for donation management that I can use for training?
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 2:03 AM
  • Documentation is on a Skydive

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=cfb122124e1df171&sc=documents&id=CFB122124E1DF171%21118

Pierre Hulsebus - EHTC - CRM Practice Manager

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 5:11 PM
  • hi Mark,

For the totals to appear on the Constituents, you can try this...

Go to Settings -> Solutions -> Double click to open the Solution -> go to SDK Message Processing Steps -> Verify if all the plugin steps are "Enabled" -> in any case u can "Activate" it. The totals should start working after that.

Note that one can also accomplish this during the installation of the Solution. In the installation wizard there is an option to "activate all the process..." this is unchecked by default. One needs to check it.

Hope it helps!

RBaliga

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 7:32 PM
  • Hello RBaliga,

How do I enable/activate SDK Message processing steps after import?  I see they are all disabled after importing Donation Management 1.2.

Thanks!

Matt

Thursday, July 14, 2011 7:13 PM
  • hi Matt,

To Activate. Go here -> Settings -> Customizations -> Customize the System ->  Sdk Message Processing Steps -> Check all of the ones in this list -> Activate

Note: You will need right permissions (administrator/customizer) + since this is a Managed Solution, you cannot edit it from within the Solution itself.

Thanks,

RBaliga

Thursday, July 14, 2011 10:18 PM
  • Thanks!  We accomplished this by re-importing the solution and preserving the customization but checking.  Everything works as expected.

Friday, July 15, 2011 1:03 PM