Suggestion RRS feed

• Question

• 1. Why can't we pay by sms?
    2. Why all the apllication are expensive?
    3. Why do microsoft don't do more free apllication?
    4. Why can't we do big update for ever without changing phone?
    Thank you
    Saturday, March 13, 2010 11:27 AM

Answers

• I am assuming the questions you ask are in regards to the Windows Mobile Marketplace?

In regards to question 2:  The price of the applications are set by the developer NOT Microsoft, so the only one who can answer that question is the developer.

In regards to question 3:  This is controlled by the developers of such free applications.  If you don't see a lot of free applications in the Marketplace it is because the developers have not submitted them for certification.

In regards to question 4:  I don't understand what you are asking, could you rephrase it?

Prof Julie, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices | http://pocketprimer.com
    • Marked as answer by wmta2 Wednesday, March 24, 2010 9:31 PM
    Saturday, March 13, 2010 8:49 PM

All replies

• I am assuming the questions you ask are in regards to the Windows Mobile Marketplace?

In regards to question 2:  The price of the applications are set by the developer NOT Microsoft, so the only one who can answer that question is the developer.

In regards to question 3:  This is controlled by the developers of such free applications.  If you don't see a lot of free applications in the Marketplace it is because the developers have not submitted them for certification.

In regards to question 4:  I don't understand what you are asking, could you rephrase it?

• Marked as answer by wmta2 Wednesday, March 24, 2010 9:31 PM
    Saturday, March 13, 2010 8:49 PM
  • Hi Jean-Flavien,

Just checking back with you to find out if you are still experiencing your issue.  Since we have not seen a response since the MVP asked a further question, we hope that means that you have resolved your issue.  If this is not the case, please let us know the current status so that we may continue to provide suggestions and recommendations as required.

Thanks!

Thank you from the Microsoft Windows Phone Team
    http://www.WindowsPhone.com/TotalAccess
    Monday, March 22, 2010 9:57 PM
  • Ok thank you forget the 4. Yes the 1 is for marketplace with sfr.

Thank you

For the 2 I know that the price are set by the developper but I mean they Exaggerate.

Thank you

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 8:00 PM
  • Hi!

I'm sorry if i'm late but, i feel the same thing.

- Even if developpers don't seems interest by the job, why did Microsoft don't do more applications that are usable in the real life; i mean applications of public services like online banking, purchase of train or flight tickets, yellow pages…etc, even if these apps are not free?

I'm sure that if somebody begin the job, things will go more and more better

A smartphone without adapted applications is like a car without wheels...

- I think that the question n°4 of Jean-Flavien was  what about the windows Updater when your software had never been updated?

I have a Xperia X1, and the Windows 6.1 have always failed (Message of Windows Update is: "dernière mise à jour vérifiées: 13/04/10 23:12  La dernière opération n'a pas réussi. Afficher les détails (la connexion au serveur de mise à jour n'est pas disponible...)"

Thank you for your answers.

Best regards

Thursday, April 15, 2010 9:35 PM
  • Hi Prof Julie! Hi Jean-Flavien!

I'm sorry if i'm late but, i feel the same thing.

- About your answer to question n°3, you're explining the poverty of the Windows Mobile Marketplace by the fact thet developers have not submitted their applications for certification. So what do Microsoft proposes?

Even if developpers don't seems interest by the job, why did Microsoft don't do more applications that are usable in the real life; i mean applications of public services like online banking, purchase of train or flight tickets, yellow pages…etc, even if these apps are not free?

I'm sure that if somebody begin the job, things will go more and more better

A smartphone without adapted applications is like a car without wheels...

- I think that the question n°4 of Jean-Flavien was  what about the windows Updater when your software had never been updated?

I have a Xperia X1, and the Windows 6.1 have always failed (Message of Windows Update is: "dernière mise à jour vérifiées: 13/04/10 23:12  La dernière opération n'a pas réussi.Afficher les détails (la connexion au serveur de mise à jour n'est pas disponible...)"

Thank you for your answers.

Best regards

Thursday, April 15, 2010 9:42 PM
  • There are lots of quality windows mobile applications that are not in the Marketplace, so why limit yourself to just that store?  Even though the applications may not be included in the Marketplace, there are already windows mobile applications or mobile websites that can do these things (i.e., WorldMate , Mobile Banking ).  You might want to check outBing for Mobile since it provides much of the same information as any Yellow Pages application.

Microsoft does not distribute OS or firmware updates directly to end users.  Those kinds of updates are distributed to the windows mobile device manufacturers and the manufacturers customize the software for its devices and distribute the updates to their end users, usually by posting them to some kind of support page on the manufacturer website.  Consequently the Windows Updater option must be implemented by the manufacturer of the mobile device before it could be used to push out upgrades to users.  Most (if not all) manufacturers have never implemented this option and so it does not do much of anything when it is selected.  I imagine that will probably change in the future.

Friday, April 16, 2010 5:31 AM
  •  

Hello!

I'm not totally agree with you but it's my own opinion as Windows phone user in France (Bouygues Telecom is my provider)

1. There are lots of quality windows mobile applications that are not in the Marketplace, so why limit yourself to just that store?  Even though the applications may not be included in the Marketplace, there are already windows mobile applications or mobile websites that can do these things (i.e., WorldMate , Mobile Banking ).  You might want to check outBing for Mobile since it provides much of the same information as any Yellow Pages application.

I'm living in France. For peoples who use a Windows phone, there are no proximity applications when they are existing for people who use Iphones or Android phones (for exemple: checking accounts in big banks like BNP Paribas or Societe generale, get cinemas movies programs like UGC or Allocine, by a train ticket in national railway company SNCF...). And the Bing can't do the same thing as Yellow Page (and white pages) in France (or Europe?)

1. Microsoft does not distribute OS or firmware updates directly to end users.  Those kinds of updates are distributed to the windows mobile device manufacturers and the manufacturers customize the software for its devices and distribute the updates to their end users, usually by posting them to some kind of support page on the manufacturer website.  Consequently the Windows Updater option must be implemented by the manufacturer of the mobile device before it could be used to push out upgrades to users.  Most (if not all) manufacturers have never implemented this option and so it does not do much of anything when it is selected.  I imagine that will probably change in the future.

I'm afraid. Is that mean that it's will be no update for any native application of the Windows mobile (pocket internet explorer, windows media player, framework...etc).

Best regards.

Patrick

Sunday, April 18, 2010 9:35 PM