Security Model - MSCRM 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys ,

We are implementing security model on MSCRM 2013 online like below :

Root Business unit --> Parent BU -->Child BU--> core records(Account).

We have two security roles created at Root Business Unit.

1) Role 1 : Executive , specific for Child BU level , will be able to create , read , write Accounts at Child BU level. Access level : Local (half circle).

2) Role 2 : Head , specific for Region level , should be able to read all account records at Parent BU level.Access level : Deep(three fourth circle).

Scenario :

Executive has created Accounts , but the Head is able to see the created records in the view but when he actually tries to click on the record and open ,"Insufficient Privileges" pops up.

Head has the read privilege at Deep level (three fourth circle) .

Am i missing something , couldnt understand why Head is unable to open Account record.Any help would be highly appreciated !

Regards,

Naveen

Thursday, November 13, 2014 10:53 AM

Answers

• Hi Naveen,

You can check for the possible things,

1. Whether the executive is in the Child BU of the Head i.e is the parent child relationship correctly set?. Go to the child BU and see what is set in the parent BU. This should match the BU which your Head is allocated.

2. Your Account record contains lookups of Contact and other entities. If the Head does not have access to those entities then you might get that error. Make sure you are giving atleast read access to all entities that are related to Account.

Hope this solves the issue

Thanks,

Prasad

• Marked as answer by NaveenSSK Thursday, November 20, 2014 6:53 PM
    Friday, November 14, 2014 11:10 AM

All replies

• Please paste the error log

Regards, Saad

Thursday, November 13, 2014 11:11 AM
  • Hi,

Does the executive have the "deep" privilege on linked entities, contact and similar data?

Rickard Norström Developer CRM-Konsulterna
    http://www.crmkonsulterna.se
    Swedish Dynamics CRM Forum: http://www.crmforum.se
    My Blog: http://rickardnorstrom.blogspot.se

Friday, November 14, 2014 10:20 AM
  • Hi Naveen,

You can check for the possible things,

1. Whether the executive is in the Child BU of the Head i.e is the parent child relationship correctly set?. Go to the child BU and see what is set in the parent BU. This should match the BU which your Head is allocated.

2. Your Account record contains lookups of Contact and other entities. If the Head does not have access to those entities then you might get that error. Make sure you are giving atleast read access to all entities that are related to Account.

Hope this solves the issue

Thanks,

Prasad

• Marked as answer by NaveenSSK Thursday, November 20, 2014 6:53 PM
    Friday, November 14, 2014 11:10 AM
  • Thanks Prasad !

Fortunately i found it out myself when i digged deeper. I have seen your answer today !

Thursday, November 20, 2014 6:53 PM