none
Error: "Cannot connect to the configuration service on the Head Node" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When I attempt to start the Compute Cluster Administrator, It hangs with the following error: "Cannot connect to the configuration service on the Head Node".

The service CcpManagement is not running. Is that what it is attempting to connect to?

I tried starting it, but it fails with Error 1064.  Looking in the CcpManagement.log file, I see:

2007/11/30 10:44:58 [CcpManagement] [Error] Exception:
    Microsoft.SystemDefinitionModel.Store.StoreException: The attempt to read or update the store failed. The specified user does not exist in the store.  ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The specified user does not exist in the store.
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData()
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
       at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
       at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
       at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable[] dataTables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
       at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable dataTable)
       at Microsoft.SystemDefinitionModel.Store.StoreReader.LoadDataWithTransaction(SqlConnection connection, SqlTransaction transaction)
       at Microsoft.SystemDefinitionModel.Store.StoreReader.LoadData(SqlConnection connection)
       at Microsoft.SystemDefinitionModel.Store.SdmSqlStore.QueryInstances(InstanceFilter filter)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

So it looks like the error is "The specified user does not exist in the store".  I changed the name of the

Head Node just before this. Is that what it does not like? 

Thanks,

-Mark

Friday, November 30, 2007 7:54 PM

Answers

• if you change the name of the headnode, I suggest you to reinstall CCP on it, as there are a lot of data related to the node name.

Xavier

• Marked as answer by Josh Barnard Wednesday, March 25, 2009 8:27 PM
    Monday, December 3, 2007 2:50 PM