none
Line spacing in posts... RRS feed

• Question

• When viewing messages in the web forum, I have noticed that the line spacing of my messages (which I usually post via Windows Live Mail in 12 pt Trebuchet MS) is inappropriately small; lines should be more "spacey" so that they will be easier to read. I don't see that in the Answers forums, for example. Does anyone know anything about this?
    Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP
    Monday, October 4, 2010 8:05 AM

Answers

• To me, this looks like the TechNet CSS definition of the <P /> is just different a decision the TechNet site managers implemented months back. There were some minor complains about the css, fonts etc, but I don't know of any changes coming to reverse any of that. So thanks for reporting it, I will pass it along to the technet folks.

Community Forums Program Manager
    Monday, October 4, 2010 6:10 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• You may see some different line spacing based on the brand that you are participating in. This should be somewhat minimal though. Also, realize there are two line spacing elements <br /> (shift-enter) and <P /> (enter...or the default for the 'return' key).  Also, always include example urls when reporting issues so it can help us better understand the issue. Thanks for reporting.
    Monday, October 4, 2010 4:50 PM
    Answerer
  • Thank you for your comment. Sorry, I should have given specific examples. Take a look at the line spacing in my reply to this thread:

Updating TOC in Word2003
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/word/thread/947cebf4-1bb8-48d7-a594-bb9d9baa1a0c

Compare this to a posting in Answers, also using Windows Live Mail, and you'll see that it is more readable:

Password Protecting Documents
    http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/wordcreate/thread/7029b9b6-3aa2-4acd-b6c0-ea054bdc121a/#f3cd0882-2879-4a7b-a682-5a818b0edbab

Looking at the replies in Windows Live Mail, they both have the same line spacing.

Monday, October 4, 2010 6:00 PM
  • To me, this looks like the TechNet CSS definition of the <P /> is just different a decision the TechNet site managers implemented months back. There were some minor complains about the css, fonts etc, but I don't know of any changes coming to reverse any of that. So thanks for reporting it, I will pass it along to the technet folks.

Monday, October 4, 2010 6:10 PM
    Answerer
  • OK, thank you for the follow-up. I just wanted to add that I see the same symptom on the MVP forums at  http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/mvpword/threads as well. It seems to affect several "non-Answers" forums.

"Brent Serbus [ADMIN_MSFT]" wrote in message news:531eea4f-7b48-4864-9c45-d966758390d9@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

To me, this looks like the TechNet CSS definition of the <P /> is just different a decision the TechNet site managers implemented months back. There were some minor complains about the css, fonts etc, but I don't know of any changes coming to reverse any of that. So thanks for reporting it, I will pass it along to the technet folks.

Monday, October 4, 2010 6:49 PM