Help PLEASE RRS feed

• Question

• I left my computer on the other day when going to school.  I believe I had internet explore open.  When I returned, my computer was at the windows log in screen.  I logged in and got a message that windows didn't shut down properly and that it was performing some scan of C drive for "Inconsistencies" or something to that nature.  After a successful log on the comp froze about a minute later.  Was still able to move the mouse but thats it.  The only way I could even turn off the computer was to unplug it and take the battery out. a few tries in safe mode and it froze every time within minutes.  never long enough to even open a program or get o;n the internet.  Now, It gets even better.  Now, when i log in tow windows it prompts a Windows activation window and tells me my version of windows is not genuine.  I bought a Sony Vaio with this OS pre-loaded.  I am so confused and don't even know hhow to run a diagnostic report like I've seen others post.   Please Help

Thursday, June 2, 2011 2:07 AM

Answers

• "Kpark321" wrote in message news:7001d7b6-75bd-45e6-aca8-cf2706c22e26...

I left my computer on the other day when going to school.  I believe I had internet explore open.  When I returned, my computer was at the windows log in screen.  I logged in and got a message that windows didn't shut down properly and that it was performing some scan of C drive for "Inconsistencies" or something to that nature.  After a successful log on the comp froze about a minute later.  Was still able to move the mouse but thats it.  The only way I could even turn off the computer was to unplug it and take the battery out. a few tries in safe mode and it froze every time within minutes.  never long enough to even open a program or get o;n the internet.  Now, It gets even better.  Now, when i log in tow windows it prompts a Windows activation window and tells me my version of windows is not genuine.  I bought a Sony Vaio with this OS pre-loaded.  I am so confused and don't even know hhow to run a diagnostic report like I've seen others post.   Please Help

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

If your computer is as unstable as you say, it's likely to be caused by either malware, or failing hardware.
    What anti-virus do you have installed? Is it up to date?
    You may be better off posting your stability problems to the Answers forums, and sorting that out first before tackling the WGA problem. - http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-system?page=1&tab=all 

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 6:59 AM

All replies

• "Kpark321" wrote in message news:7001d7b6-75bd-45e6-aca8-cf2706c22e26...

I left my computer on the other day when going to school.  I believe I had internet explore open.  When I returned, my computer was at the windows log in screen.  I logged in and got a message that windows didn't shut down properly and that it was performing some scan of C drive for "Inconsistencies" or something to that nature.  After a successful log on the comp froze about a minute later.  Was still able to move the mouse but thats it.  The only way I could even turn off the computer was to unplug it and take the battery out. a few tries in safe mode and it froze every time within minutes.  never long enough to even open a program or get o;n the internet.  Now, It gets even better.  Now, when i log in tow windows it prompts a Windows activation window and tells me my version of windows is not genuine.  I bought a Sony Vaio with this OS pre-loaded.  I am so confused and don't even know hhow to run a diagnostic report like I've seen others post.   Please Help

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

If your computer is as unstable as you say, it's likely to be caused by either malware, or failing hardware.
    What anti-virus do you have installed? Is it up to date?
    You may be better off posting your stability problems to the Answers forums, and sorting that out first before tackling the WGA problem. - http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-system?page=1&tab=all 

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 6:59 AM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 9:35 PM