none
Error 0xc000007b after "Sucessful" Installation S & T 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64 bit ....

I decided to do a reformat of my hard drive and reinstall of the OS and all applications. After reinstallation of much of the software including all updates, I started installation of Streets and Trips 2011. Evidently some other software was needed and I allowed Microsoft to install that. Finally the installation was finished and I attempted to open S & T. Immediately, the following message appeared "Streets.exe - Application Error" ... "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."

I have attempted the following ... uninstall and reinstall; change the properties of Streets.exe to "Run this program as an administrator"; changed the compatibility mode to run as Windows 7, Vista (various service packs), and XP (various service packs) and none of this worked. i still get the error message. I even called Microsoft and spoke to a very nice fellow somewhere in India who "took control" of my machine and tried the same things I had previously tried. Of course they did not work. He then "escalated the problem" and promises a call back in 72 hours or less.

I could, of course, wait for him to call back, but perhaps someone out there knows something he does not. Can anybody help? 

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 2:07 AM

All replies

• News on this issue ...

Microsoft's guys in India have now run 3 "Easy Assist" sessions on my computer and they have not been able to help. The last two sessions were to "collect information". Evidently this issue is not one they have run into before.

They promise to call back again in "a few days".

• Marked as answer by RCoover Saturday, January 14, 2012 2:36 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by RCoover Saturday, January 14, 2012 2:36 AM
    Friday, December 30, 2011 10:39 PM