Can't seem to install my new one care i bought! RRS feed

• Question

• It seems that a whole lot of people have recently bought a new live one care to replace the previous one. We all get the same problem with re-installing from the product key. What's up with that. I used to use Norton and never had problems re-installing like the live one care. Not all of us like to disclose our credit card #'s. So i bought my new live one care since it works so well compared to norton. Now i can't seem to re-install from the product key i have with my new one care. Anyone has any idea's how to fix this damn problem, very frustrating. I even un-installed the previous live one care and re-installed the new one with no luck. Help needed. Thanks to all who can help me.

Roger..
    Wednesday, March 4, 2009 8:12 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Roger, it is not necessary to uninstall One Care to renew. If you reinstalled using the same Live ID as your original subscription ( you should do this ) your subscription end date will remain unchanged. See this post on how to renew a One Care subscription using a retail product key - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecaregeneral/thread/d05b54d0-3ba0-4636-9330-3b809f70d126
    Jim
    Wednesday, March 4, 2009 8:29 PM
  • Hi Jim.

Thank you so much for your help. I did just what you said and my live one care problem is solved, The only thing now is that when i want to keep doing my back ups on regular schedules it asks me to have 8 to 9 cd ready and that it could take up to 8 hrs to redo my back ups. Can i just re-insert my last cd from previous back up done in the last year and keep going from there or do i really have to redo the entire process? Your help[ would be greatly appreciated.

Yours Truly,

Roger Gelineau.
    Thursday, March 5, 2009 5:08 PM
  • Hello Roger, the unfortunate side-effect of reinstalling is that One Care now does not know that backups were previously performed. I don't know of a work around other than performing a new full backup.
    Jim
    Thursday, March 5, 2009 6:26 PM