CRM 2011 Advanced Search vs n:n lookup RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a problem with Advanced Search on CRM 2011. I'm trying to create a query to give me all accounts that are not assigned to a specific Marketing List. The problem is that the Account - Marketing List lookup is n:n, so I have accounts assigned to multiple lists and that seems to confuse the Advanced Search.

So if I have an account A1 assigned to ML1, ML2 and ML3 and in my query only exclude ML1 it still shows A1. If I also exclude ML2 and ML3 it's gone, but then I'll also exclude accounts that are assigned to ML2 and ML3 only and that's not what I want to do.

So my question is this: is it even possible to set up such a query in CRM 2011 Advanced Search? Or should I just go for a custom report and not bother with AS?

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 1:12 PM

Answers

• Go with Custom report for better support for filtering M:M exclusion.

Another option would be to use the out of the box marketing list member management function.  Add all the Accounts first and then remove the Accounts that are in specific Marketing List.  The reminder Accounts in the marketing list are your results

Follow me on Twitter

Good CRM Links
    My CRM Blog: http://mscrmonline.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by Grzegorz Zych Thursday, October 3, 2013 11:54 AM
    Tuesday, October 1, 2013 1:39 PM
  • I would have used a custom report for such a requirement.. Its much flexible to work with in this case.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 1:45 PM

All replies

• Go with Custom report for better support for filtering M:M exclusion.

Another option would be to use the out of the box marketing list member management function.  Add all the Accounts first and then remove the Accounts that are in specific Marketing List.  The reminder Accounts in the marketing list are your results

Follow me on Twitter

Good CRM Links
    My CRM Blog: http://mscrmonline.wordpress.com

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 1:39 PM
  • I would have used a custom report for such a requirement.. Its much flexible to work with in this case.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 1:45 PM
  • Thank you for the answers, I guess we'll just go with a custom report.
    Thursday, October 3, 2013 11:55 AM