System Disk Space RRS feed

• Question

• Is-it possible to change the system disk space ? It seems to be set to 10 Go which can be too small if we try to put more things.
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 4:36 PM

Answers

• Currently in Beta 2 it is fixed at 10GB and there is no way to change it.

There is a suggestion filed to up the limit in a post Beta 2 build.

Tuesday, March 6, 2007 5:05 PM
  •  Alf_fr wrote:
    Is-it possible to change the system disk space ? It seems to be set to 10 Go which can be too small if we try to put more things.

During the installation, no. Afterward, it may be possible; there are a couple of reports of that sort of thing in the forum. But you would have to use a third-party disk partitioning tool. As far as I know, there are no tools available within WHS that would let you do that.

And if you do, you may cause problems down the road with Drive Extender. We've been warned that almost anything we do to a disk in the storage pool in Disk Management is likely to break DE. I would have to assume that we have similar risks if we use other low-level disk tools.

(Edit: the suggestion mentioned above can be found here.)
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 5:06 PM

All replies

• Currently in Beta 2 it is fixed at 10GB and there is no way to change it.

There is a suggestion filed to up the limit in a post Beta 2 build.

Tuesday, March 6, 2007 5:05 PM
  •  Alf_fr wrote:
    Is-it possible to change the system disk space ? It seems to be set to 10 Go which can be too small if we try to put more things.

During the installation, no. Afterward, it may be possible; there are a couple of reports of that sort of thing in the forum. But you would have to use a third-party disk partitioning tool. As far as I know, there are no tools available within WHS that would let you do that.

And if you do, you may cause problems down the road with Drive Extender. We've been warned that almost anything we do to a disk in the storage pool in Disk Management is likely to break DE. I would have to assume that we have similar risks if we use other low-level disk tools.

(Edit: the suggestion mentioned above can be found here.)
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 5:06 PM