Unable to access the inline lookup in crm 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to access the inline lookup for an N:N subgrid. The thing is the code to filter the N:N subgrid that was working in CRM 2011 is not working anymore after we upgraded. So, we tried to disable the inline lookup with code below. But the code broke at document.getElement and the Watch on line 1 showed 'undefined'. We tried window.parent.document.getElementById too but that gave the same error. Is there any way to get this working?

var inlineBehaviour = document.getElementById('lookup_Policies_Affected_i').InlinePresenceLookupUIBehavior;

inlineBehaviour.setDefaultView('1DFB2B35-B07C-44D1-868D-258DEEAB88E2');

inlineBehaviour.set_disableInlineLookup(true);

Regards,

Anwesha

Saturday, February 6, 2016 1:00 PM

All replies

• Hi Anwesha,

This is not the supported way to customize the lookup.

Things which might be working in CRM 2011 may not work with the CRM 2016 or higher version.

Please go for the Supported way  to customize  .

Regards,

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer". Thanks and Regards, Mohammad Yusuf Ansari http://microxrm.blogspot.in

Monday, February 8, 2016 11:03 AM
  • Hi Yusuf,

Many thanks for your response.

I am still struggling to find the supported way to create a custom view for the new inline look up  for my N:N sub-grid. Do you have any idea how I can do this?

Please let me know.

Regards,

Anwesha

Monday, February 8, 2016 6:48 PM
  • Hi Anwesha,

Did you find any solution for this? We have the same problem in CRM 2016...

Thanks,

Daniel.

Sunday, February 14, 2016 8:16 AM
  • Hello Mohammad,

I know that the upper solution is not supported. Did you know supported way to filter lookup (N:N) inside subgrid .

thanks,

Daniel

Sunday, February 14, 2016 8:20 AM
  • Hi Daniel,

Not yet. I am still looking for a solution for it. Let me know if you happen to find one.

Regards,

Anwesha

Sunday, February 14, 2016 8:36 PM
  • Hi,

Microsoft has changed the client side rending engine with the intoduction of turbo forms (Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online 2015 Update 1 (v7.1) .

Please check this blog

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/crm/archive/2015/04/29/microsoft-dynamics-crm-online-2015-update-1-new-form-rendering-engine.aspx
    try to get the element with like below JS.

var objSubGrid = window.parent.document.getElementById("subgrid_opportunity");

Hope this helps.

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer". Thanks and Regards, Mohammad Yusuf Ansari http://microxrm.blogspot.in

Monday, February 15, 2016 7:36 AM
  • You can try below code

add this on form load

function

filterSubGrid() {

varworkflowTemplatetValue = Xrm.Page.getAttribute("_workflowtemplateid").getValue(); //field to filter by

varworkflowTemplatetGrid = document.getElementById("WorkflowTemplateSteps"); //grid to filter

if(workflowTemplatetGrid == null) { //make sure the grid has loaded

setTimeout(

function() { filterSubGrid(); }, 2000); //if the grid hasn’t loaded run this again when it has

return;

}

varworkflowTemplatetValueid = "00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000"; //if filter field is null display nothing

if(workflowTemplatetValue != null) {

workflowTemplatetValueid = workflowTemplatetValue[0].id;

}

//fetch xml code which will retrieve all the accounts related to the contact

varfetchXml = "<fetch version='1.0' output-format='xml-platform' mapping='logical' distinct='false'>"+

"  <entity name='_workflowtemplatestep'>"+

"    <attribute name='name' />"+

"    <attribute name='code'/>"+

"    <attribute name=workflowtemplatestepid' />"+

"    <order attribute='code' descending='false' />"+

"    <filter type='and'>"+

" <condition attribute='statecode' operator='eq' value='0' />"+

" <condition attribute='workflowtemplateid' operator='eq'  value='"+ workflowTemplatetValueid + "' />"+

"    </filter>"+

"  </entity>"+

"</fetch>";

workflowTemplatetGrid.control.SetParameter(

"fetchXml", fetchXml); //set the fetch xml to the sub grid  

workflowTemplatetGrid.control.refresh();

//refresh the sub grid using the new fetch xml

}

Hope this helps. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Santosh Bhagat If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Monday, February 15, 2016 11:12 AM
  • Hi Santosh,

I tried this script but the code fails at subgrid.control and says null.

Let me know what else can be done.

Regards,

Anwesha

Thursday, February 18, 2016 7:45 PM