Cancel Onecare subscription RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have for the last 3 days been trying to cancel my Onecare subscription. I have managed to go through the  validation process each time and get to the page where a log is being created.......it then reports an error and says that I should try again later. If there is an error surely someone could or should have repaired it by now?

I was planning on renewing my subscription when back in UK but all I want to do now is cancel and never see it again.

Any help garetfully received 

Steve

ukbatman@hotmail.co.uk

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 9:02 PM

Answers

• Officially, if the support flow can't validate you or encounters a problem, simply select that you are reporting a problem on another computer and that you are a beta/trial user. Contact support via email without attaching the support log and provide your subscription details - LiveID, product ID, if available, contact information. Request the phone number for Billing to cancel.

Unofficially, check your email for a message from me within the next hour or so.

-steve

Thursday, January 24, 2008 2:33 PM

All replies

• I have been trying to cancel my subscription for the last three months, but everytime I try I get no where, and go around in circles on the website.

I have informed the Visa company that this is a no authorised transaction and that I can not cancel the subscription with Microsoft.

Anyone managed to cancel the service?

Thursday, January 24, 2008 9:19 AM
  • Officially, if the support flow can't validate you or encounters a problem, simply select that you are reporting a problem on another computer and that you are a beta/trial user. Contact support via email without attaching the support log and provide your subscription details - LiveID, product ID, if available, contact information. Request the phone number for Billing to cancel.

Unofficially, check your email for a message from me within the next hour or so.

-steve

Thursday, January 24, 2008 2:33 PM
  • I also can't cancel. I have tried several times and time is running out. Can you e-mail me the same details please

I assume you can get my Live ID and email from the forum log on. if not can I mail it to you (reluctant to put it here publicly.

Thanks

Richard

Friday, January 25, 2008 3:17 PM
  • You can reach support per these instructions - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

I don't have access to forum logs, so if your email address is not in the profile, you'll need to email me - sboots@mvps.org

Put OneCare in the subject line, and in the message body, put this link - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2742249&SiteID=2

and tell me what country you are in.

-steve

Friday, January 25, 2008 4:15 PM
  • I had exactly the same problems accessing the the 'cancellation mechanism'. It is obvious that Microsoft have made this mechanism as obtuse as possible in order that people just give up on it and their subscription just keeps running= more money for the corporate giant. I had to call my bank to cancel the Direct Debit as well.

May I suggest a normal clearly displayed Customer Service Phone number (as most companies have) & a clear email link to customer service/ cancellations.

thankyou for wasting two hours on you non working cancellation system.

regards

Thursday, July 17, 2008 12:32 PM
  • I believe that what is needed is a simply web form to submit a cancellation. At this point, you must call to cancel and to obtain the phone number you need to follow the convoluted path to reach support/customer service. It is convoluted, not broken. There is no cancellation system. You go to the Billing site and click cancel and it directs you to contact customer service.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Thursday, July 17, 2008 5:42 PM
  • Steve,

I have read the instructions you posted as well as followed the exceedingly difficult cancellation instructions from Microsoft. Just when I thought the end was in sight the link that supposedly provides me with a phone number does not open despite numerous attempts.

I have uninstalled One Care due to all of the compatibility issues it has with other software. Quite frankly, if my isp is providing McAfee free of charge why would I continue to pay 49.99 to MS?

Is there another way to access the phone number?

Thanks,

Jason

Tuesday, October 7, 2008 4:06 AM
  • Jason, you can contact support via email to initiate the cancellation process.

Unofficial path - send me an email at sboots@mvps.org with a subject line including "OneCare" (to get past my spam filtering) and in the message body, tell me what country you are in, your forum nickname, and paste this link:

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3968210&SiteID=2

I am not online 24x7, so you may be waiting for a reply, but I'll do my best to hook you up with support.

-steve

Tuesday, October 7, 2008 3:15 PM