Change CRM 2011 base language RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have CRM2011 on premise instance which is in Japanese as base language and has English language pack, now customization is allowed only in Japanese  language not in English so in order to do customization i need to setup a environment in English so that i can do customization, let me know how can i achieve this.

Regards,

Pinku Kumar

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 8:40 AM

All replies

• you can't change the base language

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile

• Proposed as answer by Guido PreiteMVP Wednesday, November 12, 2014 8:47 AM
    Wednesday, November 12, 2014 8:47 AM
  • let me know if i got it correctly, you are saying if a CRM 2011 on premise  instance which has base language Japanese then we can not export the solution and set base language as English into other CRM 2011 on premise instance?

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 9:01 AM
  • let me know if i got it correctly, you are saying if a CRM 2011 on premise  instance which has base language Japanese then we can not export the solution and set base language as English into other CRM 2011 on premise instance?

I wrote that you can't change the base language.

You can export a solution from a crm with base language as japanese and import the solution inside a crm with base language as english. But it's up to you to manage the translations (if both crm have english and japanese you will have two columns inside the translation xml files)

Personally I customized CRM with different base languages (also chinese) and it's quite easy because the icons and the position of the buttons are the same, you can keep opened a CRM english instance if you don't remember the right path of what is doing a particular button.

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 9:11 AM
  • Yes, you can not change the base language after the install, but a little trick that I use to help development in the language that I know, is to change the language after I have loaded the solution. Do not refresh the window, just click some other element (entity, optionset, etc) and the language will change to the language of choice.
    Wednesday, November 12, 2014 10:14 AM