Vail server connector will not install on 2 out of 5 computers RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have successfully installed Windows Home Server Vail connector on 3 computers(2 Windows 7 Home Premium, 1 Windows XP Pro).  It keeps failing to install on 2 computers(1 Windows XP Pro, 1 Windows XP Media Center Edition).  I have tried a whole bunch of things, including deleting registry entries related to WHS.  I have had the Windows Home Server V1 connector installed on both of these computers previously.  I cannot figure out what is wrong.  Here is a screenshot of what error it gives me:  Error Message. It goes through finding my server, adding the computer description, choosing whether or not to wake up the computer for backups, and choosing whether or not to participate in the improvement program.  It starts doing the bar going across, saying "downloading the software", and "connecting this computer to the network", but then the bar goes backwards, and it gives me the error.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Austin

Thursday, March 10, 2011 5:44 AM

All replies

• Hello Austin,
    Please check if both system that have problems are on the same time and time-zone as the server?

From here I can not tell what is excetly the problem.
    Could you please report this problem to Microsoft Connect?

Make sure you add logfile from the client and server. This will enable the WHS team to have a closer look into this problem.
    - Theo.

No home server like Home Server
    Monday, March 14, 2011 10:58 PM