Get Reporting Services URL in workflow RRS feed

• Question

• I've created a worfklow that creates an email, uses a custom workflow activity to address the email and uses the ReportExecutionService to create a PDF which gets attached to the email. I've currently hard-coded the URL to the reporting server and want to make it dynamic. I looked at using the DeploymentServiceClient but that requires a reference to the assembly Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Deployment.dll which I can't use because my plugin will be in sandbox mode and if my understanding is correct, you can't reference external assemblies in sandbox mode.

Besides using ILMerge to merge in  Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Deployment.dll or a custom entity to store the data, is there a way to get the reporting server URL in my workflow?

Monday, March 9, 2015 11:53 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I suggest you to create custom entity (for example Settings) and add field Reporting Services Url inside. Inside your custom workflow activity you can read settings entity and use Url. It would be definitely easier.

Dynamics CRM MVP
    My blog

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 5:42 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I suggest you to create custom entity (for example Settings) and add field Reporting Services Url inside. Inside your custom workflow activity you can read settings entity and use Url. It would be definitely easier.

Dynamics CRM MVP
    My blog

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 5:42 AM
  • OR Keep the URL in description field of report

Regards Faisal

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 3:37 PM