MS 70-685 book and trining CD RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I lost the CD that was inside the training book. Is there a way to get the software with the "test" another way?

Maybe somewhere it can be downloaded, or som new KIT exams are available.

Regards

Monday, September 24, 2012 7:10 AM

Answers

• Microsoft Press has an CD replacement policy. You can call or email them to explain the situation and if you are lucky the will help you.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/171931

I've used this service before and it's a raplacement policy if your disk is damaged, not lost.  I was required to send back my original CD. 

If your CD-ROM or floppy disk isclearly physically defective (cracked, badly warped, contains a deep scratch, etc.), you can exchange it for a replacement CD-ROM or floppy disk

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

• Proposed as answer by tooleyrose Wednesday, October 3, 2012 4:18 AM
    • Marked as answer by Horizon_NetEditor Wednesday, October 3, 2012 8:23 PM
    Wednesday, September 26, 2012 11:05 PM
  • (correct me if I'm wrong, Mr. Wharton, I am not completely sure if the following is legal)

Maybe you could get the content of the CD via a colleague/friend who also has the book. (since you have the actual book, i'm guessing this is legal :) )

Dimitri C. - Please mark the replies as answers if they help! Thanks.

I'm pretty sure that the book and the CD state that the CD can't be copied.  Will check a couple of my press kits to see what they say.

Once again I think it has to do with the fact that the CD comes with a PDF version of the book therefore the CD is covered by copyright laws.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton

• Edited by Mr. Wharty Tuesday, September 25, 2012 11:03 AM
    Tuesday, September 25, 2012 11:02 AM

All replies

• No there's no other way of getting it unless you buy another book.

Jeff Wharton

Monday, September 24, 2012 9:28 AM
  • (correct me if I'm wrong, Mr. Wharton, I am not completely sure if the following is legal)

Maybe you could get the content of the CD via a colleague/friend who also has the book. (since you have the actual book, i'm guessing this is legal :) )

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 10:59 AM

I'm pretty sure that the book and the CD state that the CD can't be copied.  Will check a couple of my press kits to see what they say.

Once again I think it has to do with the fact that the CD comes with a PDF version of the book therefore the CD is covered by copyright laws.

Jeff Wharton

• Edited by Mr. Wharty Tuesday, September 25, 2012 11:03 AM
    Tuesday, September 25, 2012 11:02 AM
  • Microsoft Press has an CD replacement policy. You can call or email them to explain the situation and if you are lucky the will help you.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 8:14 PM

I've used this service before and it's a raplacement policy if your disk is damaged, not lost.  I was required to send back my original CD. 

If your CD-ROM or floppy disk isclearly physically defective (cracked, badly warped, contains a deep scratch, etc.), you can exchange it for a replacement CD-ROM or floppy disk

Jeff Wharton

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 11:05 PM