none
More details on 70-652 certification please. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello guys,

I'm about to take this certification and I would like to know a little more about it before.

For instance, I would like to know the duration and the number of question I will face as it changes from source to source.

In fact if I do the MeasureUp provided with my Self-Paced TK in certification mode it gives me 45 questions for 145minutes. But when I was looking for more details on the web I found sometimes 180 questions for 160 minutes.

Also what is the required score to pass? It seems also to change. With MeasureUp it is 80% and again I found 70 or 75% on some websites.

During the exam do we have the right to ask for rough paper ?

Finally, are the Self-Paced TK and the MeasureUp test still valid even if it was printed in 2009 and I am taking the test in 2011 ?

Thank you very much :)

Sunday, June 5, 2011 7:14 PM

Answers

• The exams usually run for 2-2.5hrs

The number of question can vary i.e. there is no set number of questions

The pass mark is 700 out of 1000

Before you enter the exam you will be given a pen and some paper.

You will need to ask MeasureUp whether their exam content is still valid

I don't believe the exam has been upgraded to Windows Server 2008 R2 so the Self-Paced TK should still be OK

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt) MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Please mark solved if I've answered your question, vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    • Marked as answer by Warrer4 Monday, June 6, 2011 8:20 AM
    Monday, June 6, 2011 3:12 AM

All replies

• The exams usually run for 2-2.5hrs

The number of question can vary i.e. there is no set number of questions

The pass mark is 700 out of 1000

Before you enter the exam you will be given a pen and some paper.

You will need to ask MeasureUp whether their exam content is still valid

I don't believe the exam has been upgraded to Windows Server 2008 R2 so the Self-Paced TK should still be OK

Jeff Wharton
    Please mark solved if I've answered your question, vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    • Marked as answer by Warrer4 Monday, June 6, 2011 8:20 AM
    Monday, June 6, 2011 3:12 AM
  • Thanks Jeff for your detailed answer !

Could you explain why the number of question car vary ? Is it a matter of difficulty (easier then more questions, harder few)or is it just randomness ?

Thank you :)

Monday, June 6, 2011 8:20 AM
  • Because Microsoft exams might include adaptive testing technology (i.e. the exam could change depending on how you've been answering questions) and simulation items. This is why Microsoft does not identify the format in which exams are presented and does not specify the number of questions in each exam.
    Jeff Wharton
    Monday, June 6, 2011 8:53 AM
  • Ok, good to know !

One more thing. I've seen a lot of vendors selling "exam questions" like TestKing or ExamsExpert etc.. I know that is not good to do this (brain dumping and cramming an exam) but I was wondering about the value of the 200 questions that provide me the MeasureUp software with my SPTK compare to those ?

Is the MeasureUp outdated and irrelevant ? Where do the questions that TK and ExamsExpert have come from ? (attendees working for them and spy the screens during the exam lol ? ) And last, is it worths it to buy one of them even if I have studied quite hard my SPTK in order to train me more for the exam ?

Thank you ! :)

Monday, June 6, 2011 9:23 AM
  • MeasureUp, SelfTest and Transcender are all basically the same and can assist you with your studies.  Stay away from Testking and other braiin dump content as Microsoft activelly samples test results to see whether a student has cheated. 

If you get caught cheating, you will lose all previous certifications and be banned from earning anymore certifications.  Basically, you'll be locked out of the MCP program.  Have a read of the following.

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/CertGeneral/thread/1bc38839-ee48-4840-873c-c3b785182486

http://borntolearn.mslearn.net/btl/b/weblog/archive/2010/09/07/what-were-they-thinking.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0

Jeff Wharton
    Monday, June 6, 2011 9:32 AM
  • Thanks Jeff ! I've got all the answers I want :)
    Monday, June 6, 2011 10:06 AM
  • No problem
    Jeff Wharton
    Monday, June 6, 2011 10:06 AM
  • Hi, I've got another question. I've seen there are some differences between the SPTK and the MeasureUP pool of questions.

Indeed, they say the opposite sometimes and I don't know on which I am suppose to rely on for the exam

For instance the SPTK will say that snapshots can't be taken on VMs in a paused state while MeasureUP will say it is possible in any state.

I know that the SPTK is right here but I don't want to go to check online or on my servers everytime one is affirming something and the other one the opposite. It is kind of frustrating.

So in a doubt during the exam, according to you, which one is the most reliable ?

Monday, June 20, 2011 6:37 PM
  •  

You could consider 70-659 as an upgrade to 70-652.

Russell Robertson
    Tuesday, June 21, 2011 1:34 PM
  • It doesn't answer my question but thanks :) Yes I will consider it after

To get back to my question I figured out that the SPTK book is more often right than the MeasureUP quizz. So if others get confused like me between those two, trust the book not measureup ! 

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 2:55 PM