Portal Page Inconsistency RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

We have the customer portal set up to allow event bookings online linked to our CRM.

Basically the problem I have is this...on the first page of the events section it lists all events, pulled from the CRM, and states the availability based on a calculation of two CRM fields (capacity - registration count).  If the capacity is changed in the CRM the availability value on the site changes - perfect.

Once a particular event is selected from the list it takes you to another page specific to that event.  The availability function here uses the same coding but does not change when registrations occur or capacity is changed.  The correct availability displayed on the first page is then different to the next page.

The code used is:

<div><strong>Availability<br /></strong><%#PlacesRemaining(Container.DataItem as Campaign)%> places remaining</div>

Code Behind:

protected string PlacesRemaining(Campaign campaign)
       	 {
    		var count = campaign.new_registrationcount;
    		var capacity = campaign.MSA_MaximumEventCapacity;
    var spaces = capacity - count; var remaining = spaces.ToString(); return remaining; }

Any ideas?  If I restart IIS it seems to update all of these values to the correct ones...

Thanks!

• Edited by RoarCRM Wednesday, February 20, 2013 2:06 PM
    Wednesday, February 20, 2013 2:04 PM

Answers

All replies

• Perhaps you don't have automatic cache invalidation setup or the manual cache invalidation was not done. Take a look at this http://community.adxstudio.com/products/adxstudio-portals/developers-guide/cache/. Hope this helps.

• Marked as answer by RoarCRM Monday, March 11, 2013 3:01 PM
    Wednesday, February 20, 2013 11:08 PM
  • Interesting.  Thanks for that.

I've just made a change in the CRM and checked the System Jobs.  Noticed that the Microsoft.Xrm.Portal.Plugins.WebNotificationPlugin failed and gives the detail:

"The plug-in execution failed because no Sandbox Hosts are currently available. Please check that you have a Sandbox server configured and that it is running.
    System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException: Microsoft Dynamics CRM has experienced an error. Reference number for administrators or support: #9E8E3A72"

The change I made updated fine/straight away on the first page but not on the next two again...

Just started the Sandbox service on the server...will try again!

• Edited by RoarCRM Tuesday, February 26, 2013 11:49 AM
    Tuesday, February 26, 2013 11:45 AM
  • Microsoft.Xrm.Portal.Plugins.WebNotificationPlugin still failed and gives the detail:

"The request was aborted: The operation has timed out."

Any ideas?

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 12:47 PM