unable to complete download server was reset RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have a problem, my sister connects to my server using remote access, but when she is downloading something she gets a messages saying "unable to complete download server was reset" anyone have any ideas why this is, is it to do with the router, not being fully uPNP, I can get it to accept domain name and everything else but with one error although it still finishes.

Henry
    HMG
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 1:30 PM

Answers

• Hi Henry,
    what amount of data she tries to download?
    Download and install the Windows Home Server toolkit (check the installation instructions carefully).
    In Settings/Toolkit 1.1 you can reconfigure the session timeout, which may be set too short for the download amount in the default configuration.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 8:19 PM

All replies

• Hi Henry,
    what amount of data she tries to download?
    Download and install the Windows Home Server toolkit (check the installation instructions carefully).
    In Settings/Toolkit 1.1 you can reconfigure the session timeout, which may be set too short for the download amount in the default configuration.
    Olaf
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 8:19 PM
  • Thanks for the reply Olaf

the amount is 700mb file, it gets to about an hour through or sometimes near the end of the file and it comes up with the server reset error. Will changing the session timeout work. I know she can stay logged on to the server for aslong as she wants without a problem but when she tries to get this file it gives the error.

Henry
    HMG
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 9:23 PM
  • I never tried to download such big files from my home server, since I have faster ways, but it should work (assuming there is not just hitting the daily DSL disconnect - if you have such by your ISP - during the download).
    I can only remember one limit and this was the size of files for upload, which was defaulting to a maximum of 2 GByte.
    Olaf
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 10:44 PM