Tutorial: How to fix the Network Critical: "database consistency problem" in 10 easy steps or less. RRS feed

• Question

• Sometimes the Network will go red and report critical, in the console, and the details will say,
    "Backup server error"
    "A possible database consistency problem has been detected in the backup database."

As others have noticed you can run a manual backup, mark it for deletion and then manually run "cleanup now" which, if successful will reset the error.

However, as some have posted, sometimes the cleanup fails, as it just sits doing nothing, and here's how to fix it if nothing else works:

(NOTE: you will lose all backups)
    1) Exit then uninstall the connector sw on the client(s)
    2) RDP to the desktop and run the Windows Home Server Console
    3) In the computers and backups section, remove the client(s) (this will claim to delete the backups but it wont)
    4) Open Windows Explorer and navigate to D:\folders\{00008086-058D-4C89-AB57-A7F909A47AB4}
    5) Manually delete all files
    6) Reboot WHS
    7) Log back into the WHS Console and select Settings - Backups then run "Cleanup Now" (this will reset the error)
    8) Navigate to \\YOURSERVER\Software\Home Server Connector Software
    9) Run setup.exe to reinstall the connector software
    10) From the connector console select Configure Backup for each client installed.

Done.

Hope that helps...

EDIT:
    FYI: There's no longer a need to report this bug.
     Joel Burt wrote:
    No, we do not need CAB numbers for this.  It is a resolved issue in RTM.

Sunday, June 17, 2007 8:44 AM

Answers

• All,

This bug will more than likely be fixed by RTM.

Thanks!

Monday, June 18, 2007 9:01 PM
  • You can also remove the computers through the console then run a clean up.
    Monday, June 18, 2007 8:56 PM
  • I had a combined problem. I found when trying to follow the fix on post that the file control.4096.dat file could not be deleted due to an error “invalid file handle” so I followed directions from post to allow me to delete the file and recreate the directory.

Initial symptoms were:

Backup cleanup was not working. The event log would show that backup started and completed with no errors but the backups to be deleted were still showing up.

During normal operations backups would fail and produce the event log entry:

HomeServer Backup EventID 272 Unexpected error 0x6 from CreateFile on D:\folders\{00008086-058D4C89-AB57-A7F909A47AB4}\Control.4096.dat The handle is invalid.

And

Service Control Manager EventID 7031 The Windows Home Server Computer Backup service terminated unexpectedly …

It seems as though this was caused by a WHS reboot during a client backup

Over all repair steps followed:

1.       Open a command prompt on the WHS

2.       cd d:\folders\{00008086-058D4C89-AB57-A7F909A47AB4}

3.       Type fsutil reparsepoint delete Control.4096.dat

4.       Hit enter

5.       Close the command prompt window

6.       Delete the contents of D:\folders\{00008086-058D4C89-AB57-A7F909A47AB4}

7.       Reboot the WHS

8.       Log back into the WHS and run a manual backup to test

Sunday, July 15, 2007 7:28 PM
  •  

Monday, July 30, 2007 11:16 PM
  •  

There will not be any "patches" for beta or RC versions of the software.
    Tuesday, July 31, 2007 11:20 PM
  • No there isn't any way to identify which backup is triggering the error.  I use triggering instead of causing because in reality, there probably isn't anything wrong with your backups.  There was a problem with that database checker that has been resolved in later builds.  I have upgraded with this error from RC to RTM and the error did not carry over.

Friday, September 7, 2007 11:47 PM

All replies

• Perfect.  Fixed it for me, thanks!
    Sunday, June 17, 2007 12:09 PM
  • I just performed steps 4/5/6 and after that the next backup ran smoothly.

Sunday, June 17, 2007 6:00 PM
  • Thanks, any idea if we should continue reporting this issue if we run into it?
    Sunday, June 17, 2007 6:43 PM
  • Yes, keep reporting this issue. We have seen cases where these steps only temporarily solve the issue, but it comes back later. We are trying to find the root cause.
    Sunday, June 17, 2007 7:33 PM
  •  phenle wrote:

I just performed steps 4/5/6 and after that the next backup ran smoothly.

I did say, "or less." Wink

Maybe this will help other backup problems too. Big Smile

Sunday, June 17, 2007 9:11 PM
  • I just got the error as well. I just installed the latest RC today. I had two failed backups since the install-- one caused by a glitchy network connection and one where cancelled a backup. About 2 hours after hitting cancel, I looked at one of the machines on my home network and saw the 'database consistency problem.'

the first backup machine is connected via wireless, other one (with the cancel) was connected to the same hub as the HomeServer.

Do you need any other info?

Monday, June 18, 2007 1:49 AM
  • Can you please provide system specs, and also run TALQ on all affected machines and the server, and then post the CAB numbers here?

Thanks!

Monday, June 18, 2007 2:16 AM
  • Thanks SME, it seems to have worked for me.  Now, I'm hoping this will be permanent.
    Monday, June 18, 2007 6:54 AM
  • I'm seeing this problem - "A possible database consistency problem has been detected in the backup database".

Server CAB 351055988

One client's CAB 351056054

Another client's CAB 351058691

Monday, June 18, 2007 8:32 PM
  • You can also remove the computers through the console then run a clean up.
    Monday, June 18, 2007 8:56 PM
  • All,

Thanks!

Monday, June 18, 2007 9:01 PM
  •  Tom Ziegmann (MS) wrote:

All,

Thanks!

Great! Another one bites the dust.
    Monday, June 18, 2007 9:29 PM
  • Also worked for me, thanks for the help.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 8:21 AM
  • This one just hit me too.

Fresh install, but I canceled the backup-process of two clients for testing. After this the "database consistency problem" occured.

Talq from Server 351695209. Im just cleaning out and will see if that works after a "good" turn around of backup sets. Just a backup cleanup is not enough to go gree.

Thursday, June 21, 2007 5:28 AM
  • So far, I've had no backup problems since running the "fix." YMMV

Thursday, June 21, 2007 7:27 AM
  • We just moved into an old house with a fuse box that kept blowing fuses once we had to start using the air conditioning.  Now there is a 100 amp breaker box in place and things are smooth.

Needless to say there have been numerous times the power has suddenly dropped to my WHS RC1 machine.  Finally after the 5th or so time, I got the same database inconsistency error.

I did steps 4/5/6 outlined above but also before that I turned off backups on each connected machine from the console.  After the reboot each machine's status is now "Not backed up" and the Network status is Healthy.  I'll let it run tonight and see how the automatic backups go.
    Friday, June 22, 2007 3:53 AM
  • Got the issue sent in CAB 352246514. 

FYI: I'm copying large amounts of data over the network, I have no backups currently going on.  I was trying to clean up a drive when it crashed on another machine.  Don't think it was related...But I took some drives off of my Vista machine that it was connected. Maybe it's unable to find the drives that it would otherwise have backed up (even though I told it I didn't want to back up those drives, and backups were turned off for the computer)

Saturday, June 23, 2007 1:09 AM
  • I was getting ready to add another client, when this problem came up, good fix, will now add the other client.

Thanks

Saturday, June 23, 2007 2:33 AM
  • I have been unable to correct this error.  Have tried the above steps several times with no luck.  Am planning on a complete rebuild tomorrow, but wanted to post this first.

Motherboard: ASRock P4i65GV

CPU: P4 2.4Ghz

RAM: 1GB, DDR

HardDrives: System 120GB PATA, Data 4  250GB PATA

Clean Install, nothing added, 5 clients.

WHS CAB: 352491820

Thanks

Sunday, June 24, 2007 5:04 AM
  • Just had this one crop up as well... havent run through the proposed steps to fix it, but I just sent TALQ from the Server - 352684732.
    Monday, June 25, 2007 1:20 AM
  • I have got the same issue

TALQ logs:
    Server - 353939580

Will run through steps now.

Saturday, June 30, 2007 9:47 AM
  • I followed the steps to fix the problem a few days ago, but last night it has come back.

TALQ Server: 354137319

TALQ Client 1: 354141499

TALQ Client 2: 354143081

Client 1 is running Windows Home Premium. Client 2 is running Windows XP SP2.

Sunday, July 1, 2007 9:26 AM
  • I've still had zero problems with backups since applying this fix.
    Sunday, July 1, 2007 6:32 PM
  • Ok, I encountered this problem today. I had to reboot the server twice in a row and I received a notification that one of the HDDs had failed. I logged into the console and the error cleared itself. After that the database consistency  error  came up.

>As others have noticed you can run a manual backup, mark it for deletion and then manually run "cleanup now" which, if successful will reset the error.
    >However, as some have posted, sometimes the cleanup fails

That's what happened to me so I  went through steps 4-6, rebooted WHS and it appears to be OK. I am manually backing up the client computers at the moment.

The CAB numbers are below:

cab 354191454 - Server
    cab 354190274 - Client 1
    cab 354196938 -
    Client 2
    cab 354197072 - Client 3
    cab 354198443 - Client 4
    cab 354206057 - Client 5

The WHS specs are:
    Intel 820 D
    Abit LG 95Z Motherboard
    2 X 512MB
    PC5300 DDR2
    ST Lab PCI SATA Controller (SiL 3114)
    Netgear GA311 Gbit lan card
    6 X 500GB WD SATA 2
    1 X 160GB Hitachi PATA
    DVD player and  a floppy drive
    350 Watt PSU

Sunday, July 1, 2007 9:07 PM

Can you please provide system specs, and also run TALQ on all affected machines and the server, and then post the CAB numbers here?

Thanks!

Tom,

I ran into this this weekend. Both Backup & Search are messed up (see private beta newsgroups).

TALQ CAB 354204884

All my client machines seem to be fine. The problem I am having is the server is reporting "Backup Server Error" with no obvious way of resolving it. Whether you fix the cause of the error or not, you really need a way (simple way) for a user to resolve the problem!

The second problem I am having, which are possibly related as they started at the same time, is a plethora of Windows Search Service 3013 error messages in the event log, basically 4 to 8 events for each file I put into a shared folder. I moved a large number of files to a share today (my Visual Source Safe database) so now I have thousands of the event....

I'm wondering if the root of the problem is rebooting the machine while demigrator was working. I was remote desktop in & used "Start - Shut down - Restart" about the time the problem started. I was installing Visual Source Safe (VSS) and was moving VSS databases into & out of shared folders & VSS was having a strange error (actually cause of VSS error was between chair & keyboard, the database itself was set to the old machine, I forgot to update the srcsafe.ini to the new machine)

Jay

Sunday, July 1, 2007 10:16 PM
  • It looks like "4-6" seems to work for many people, I hope the fix "stays" as well as, it has for me, completing all of the steps. Wink

Monday, July 2, 2007 12:00 AM
  • Another satisfied customer, steps 4-6 resolved issue.  This is the 2nd time I have had to do this.  BTW, the 2nd time it happened was when the WHS was shutdown dirty (PSU tripped).  I performed similar to all steps the 1st time it happened.
    Monday, July 9, 2007 8:07 AM
  • The error message appeared on my WHS after a failed boot when installing more memory.

Removed extra memory and machine boots normally.

Tried the steps mentioned in this post, but couldn't delete one file in the backup folder due to "illegal file handle".

A re-install didn't solve it either, so I opted for a clean install after moving all files to a spare USB-drive.

Here Murphy's law enters and my desktop dead-locks during a defragmentation process.

Guess what, no backup since I deleted all backups as of above!

"Master File Table corrupt"...

Now I got an image of a crasched desktop drive, a fresh installed Vista Home Premium (hopefully MS lets me activate my OEM Vista a fourth time) and a equally fresh WHS-machine.

Gotta try these file recovery programs and try to at least get some info back from the image...

Don't try this at home kids...

Edit: No problem activating Vista again, the support person was really nice and said "no problem, you can do that as many times as you like". Hope I don't have to dare her on that one...

Monday, July 9, 2007 11:15 AM
  • Steps 4,5,6 helped me out as well.

I was moving my WHS setup out of the basement - a small bit of flooding happened - up to my office. I dropped one of my external drives from about 6 feet onto the concrete floor - no response from said drive now - dead as a doornail.

WHS booted up and saw the missing drive - and I had the database consistency problems. I removed the drive from the storage pool, deleted the contents of the backup folder (had to reparse some of the file system points to allow me to delete backup volumes that were on the missing drive), rebooted and the PCs came up as Not backed up - I did a manual backup on each PC on the LAN and everything now comes up as green.

Great post!

As a note, all of my data that was in duplicated folders seems fine - DE went about copying the things that needed it to another backup drive.

Ted

Monday, July 9, 2007 1:22 PM
  • I developed the "database consistency problem" after running the last set of updates. Server has only been running for 3 days. There were two sets of backups for three computers that were healthy. Did the updates and rebooted (actually shut the machine off at the post stage so as to reposition the computers). Once started again the database had the "database consistency problem". Set my existing backups to be deleted, but Sunday came and went without cleanup. 

Haven't tried the above steps yet to force clean up but thought I would post this anyway just so you were aware of it.

Andy

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 8:41 AM
  • What are those files in steps 4,5,6. I know they reference backups because now each machine that previously had a backup has the status "Not backed up".

Even tough this sorta broke the purpose of backups it did fix the issue I reported before about the backup part of the pie on the server storage screen showing 169 gig being used when I removed all pcs from being backed up and did a clean up.

But can I be sure that this is only backup data? All I did was rename the folder and reboot the server in case I needed to put everything back.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 7:45 PM
  • This issue has been repetative for me. despite following the steps listed.

Here are the TALQ details.

WHS - CAB 357097821

ASUS A7V8X-MX-SE

AMD XP2000

Sil 0680 Ultra- 133 Medley ATA Raid Controller

HP NC3122 Dual NIC

1.5Gb DDR Ram

1 x Seagate 80gig IDE 1

1 x Seagate 320gig IDE 2

1 x Western Digital 200gig IDE 3

1 x Maxtor 160gig IDE 4

350 watt PS

Client 1 Vista Business - CAB 357097304

Client 2 Vista Home Premium - CAB 357098254

Thanks

Saturday, July 14, 2007 8:07 AM
  • I had a combined problem. I found when trying to follow the fix on post that the file control.4096.dat file could not be deleted due to an error “invalid file handle” so I followed directions from post to allow me to delete the file and recreate the directory.

Initial symptoms were:

Backup cleanup was not working. The event log would show that backup started and completed with no errors but the backups to be deleted were still showing up.

HomeServer Backup EventID 272 Unexpected error 0x6 from CreateFile on D:\folders\{00008086-058D4C89-AB57-A7F909A47AB4}\Control.4096.dat The handle is invalid.

And

Service Control Manager EventID 7031 The Windows Home Server Computer Backup service terminated unexpectedly …

1.       Open a command prompt on the WHS

2.       cd d:\folders\{00008086-058D4C89-AB57-A7F909A47AB4}

3.       Type fsutil reparsepoint delete Control.4096.dat

4.       Hit enter

5.       Close the command prompt window

6.       Delete the contents of D:\folders\{00008086-058D4C89-AB57-A7F909A47AB4}

7.       Reboot the WHS

8.       Log back into the WHS and run a manual backup to test

Sunday, July 15, 2007 7:28 PM
  •  cavewizard wrote:

I had a combined problem. I found when trying to follow the fix on post that the file control.4096.dat file could not be deleted due to an error “invalid file handle” so I followed directions from post to allow me to delete the file and recreate the directory.

Initial symptoms were:

And

1. Open a command prompt on the WHS

2. cd d:\folders\{00008086-058D4C89-AB57-A7F909A47AB4}

3. Type fsutil reparsepoint delete Control.4096.dat

4. Hit enter

5. Close the command prompt window

6. Delete the contents of D:\folders\{00008086-058D4C89-AB57-A7F909A47AB4}

7. Reboot the WHS

8. Log back into the WHS and run a manual backup to test

Nice addition to the tutorial, thanks. Don't forget to reconfigure backups if you delete the folder contents. Wink

Sunday, July 15, 2007 7:37 PM
  •  ZerosandOnes wrote:
    Ok, I encountered this problem today. I had to reboot the server twice in a row and I received a notification that one of the HDDs had failed. I logged into the console and the error cleared itself. After that the database consistency  error  came up.

>As others have noticed you can run a manual backup, mark it for deletion and then manually run "cleanup now" which, if successful will reset the error.
    >However, as some have posted, sometimes the cleanup fails

That's what happened to me so I  went through steps 4-6, rebooted WHS and it appears to be OK. I am manually backing up the client computers at the moment.

The CAB numbers are below:

cab 354191454 - Server
    cab 354190274 - Client 1
    cab 354196938 -
    Client 2
    cab 354197072 - Client 3
    cab 354198443 - Client 4
    cab 354206057 - Client 5

The WHS specs are:
    Intel 820 D
    Abit LG 95Z Motherboard
    2 X 512MB
    PC5300 DDR2
    ST Lab PCI SATA Controller (SiL 3114)
    Netgear GA311 Gbit lan card
    6 X 500GB WD SATA 2
    1 X 160GB Hitachi PATA
    DVD player and  a floppy drive
    350 Watt PSU

I'm seeing a trend here with folks repurposing previously configured hardware (those that post system specs anyway). A 350 watt PSU on that set up may be a little underpowered. If it's a previously used PSU and a year or two old it may have inconsistecies in the 12 volt rails as well.

I'm a bit of a hardware geek and rebuild my main box twice a year or so (more often if major technology changes occur ie PCIe video, SLI, SATA etc). I spend a lot of time in gearhead forums doing research on products and problem solutions. A lot of what I'm seeing here in relation to data corruption, dropped connections to the server, false error reporting, and especially premature hard drive failure all sound suspiciously like PSU issues, cooling issues, and ram issues. Overall I'd suspect the PSU.

As software BETA testers we forget sometimes to look at the hardware side. Minimum system requirements are just that, minimum. For an OS that touts as one of it's features "expandability" by adding more storage drives, I sure hope someone put the disclaimer/suggestion in the documentation that replacing the PSU with a higher capacity one may be necessary. I'm going to bet that one of the major Tech Support problems down the road for WHS will be related to insufficent PSU power.

Sunday, July 22, 2007 1:31 PM
  •  Nadeon570209 wrote:

I'm seeing a trend here with folks repurposing previously configured hardware (those that post system specs anyway). A 350 watt PSU on that set up may be a little underpowered. If it's a previously used PSU and a year or two old it may have inconsistecies in the 12 volt rails as well.

I'm a bit of a hardware geek and rebuild my main box twice a year or so (more often if major technology changes occur ie PCIe video, SLI, SATA etc). I spend a lot of time in gearhead forums doing research on products and problem solutions. A lot of what I'm seeing here in relation to data corruption, dropped connections to the server, false error reporting, and especially premature hard drive failure all sound suspiciously like PSU issues, cooling issues, and ram issues. Overall I'd suspect the PSU.

As software BETA testers we forget sometimes to look at the hardware side. Minimum system requirements are just that, minimum. For an OS that touts as one of it's features "expandability" by adding more storage drives, I sure hope someone put the disclaimer/suggestion in the documentation that replacing the PSU with a higher capacity one may be necessary. I'm going to bet that one of the major Tech Support problems down the road for WHS will be related to insufficent PSU power.

The problem with that diagnosis is that this bug is allegedly fixed in RTM. If it were PSU problems, they couldn't fix it with code. While, in the case quoted, 350W does seem a bit on the low side, I've seen the same problems with a new over powered PSU too. I don't think it's related.

Sunday, July 22, 2007 8:17 PM
  • Given that my WHS is displaying this error, can I assume that I won't be able to restore from any backups?

The problem is I have an XP machine with a disk that has just suddenly expired. Any chance a restore from the backup will work given the "database consistency problem"?
    Monday, July 23, 2007 8:16 PM
  •  Blue Aadvark wrote:
    Given that my WHS is displaying this error, can I assume that I won't be able to restore from any backups?

The problem is I have an XP machine with a disk that has just suddenly expired. Any chance a restore from the backup will work given the "database consistency problem"?

If you had some good backups before the error, there's always a "chance" but I've never tried it. Let us know how it goes.

Monday, July 23, 2007 8:22 PM
  • I've had no issues restoring files from backups even with the database consistency error.  That being said, be cautious.

As a follow on to cavewizard's excellent pointer I've actually resolved my database consistency errors and retained all of my backups.  This may or may not work for others (use at your own risk and don't come crying to me if something bad happens).

Hitting the backup cleanup would briefly show Cleaning up database (0%) in the status bar at the bottom of the WHS console (to the right of "Balancing Storage...").  In my case, this would then go away within a second, no error.  The HomeServer event log would show two events: EventID 276 Cleanup of the backup database has begun. and EventID 277 Cleanup of the backup database has completed.

The fun starts when you look through the WHS log files in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Home Server\logs.
    The most recent HomeServerConsole...log shows a fun little error (actually a lot of them):

[16]070722.214306.8593: Error: Backup percentage is -2147483648
    with some [1]070722.182437.8593: Error: Error -2147023728 in SendMessage thrown in for good measure. Not sure if this is related to the consistency check or the other bug I found.  I'm guessing it's related to the bug I mention below...

The other tidbit I found was in the backup-<date>.log
    [7/22/2007 9:42:35 PM  934] Checker: Error: File Control.65536.dat does not exist, but is referenced by the following files:
    [7/22/2007 9:42:35 PM  934] Checker: Error:     Index.65536.dat
    [7/22/2007 9:42:35 PM  934] Checker: Finished checking backup database consistency, 1 error(s) found.

So, it looks like the backup cleanup process runs a consistency checker first.  If anything's wrong with the database consistency, it bails.  That's not bad per se but it would be nice if the event log messages reflected that something bad had actually occurred.  In this case I happen to know exactly what caused the backup inconsistency.  I rebuilt one of my machines and installed Vista on it.  After the install was complete I added the WHS connector and fired off a manual backup.  Part way through I noticed that I had forgotten to disable backup on a couple extra hard drives I still had in the system and I was quickly running out of space on the WHS data partition (a 180gb partition won't hold 700gb of extra data).  So I cancelled the backup while it was still running.  As others have mentioned this can sometimes lead to database consistency issues.

Anyway, back to my problem. As you can see from the error messages above, the consistency checker found that the index file in question referred to a control file that didn't exist.  As cavewizard mentions above, there was a separate thread about deleting bad references quite a while back. He had good luck with things and I had some backups for systems no longer on my network that I wanted to try to keep so I was motivated to mess around with the system a little.  While my issue is similar to cavewizard's it isn't exactly the same.  I have sort of the opposite problem from what he referenced (I have the Index file but no Control file.)  That being said it was worth a shot if I could get rid of the pesky error and keep my current backups.  And, now that I looked at things, it appeared that backup cleanup hadn't run for at least a week if not longer so the number of backups for each machine was starting to increase. 

I made a backup of the 150 gb "backup" directory (D:\folders\{00008086-058D-4C89-AB57-A7F909A47AB4}) and crossed my fingers while I ran fsutil reparsepoint delete Index.65536.dat
    That partially fixed things.  Now when I ran backup cleanup I was getting a different error:
    [7/22/2007 9:53:26 PM  934] Checker: Error: File Index.65536.dat is good for versions 0 through 0
    So apparently the backup consistency checker doesn't like extraneous files lying around.  I deleted the extra Index file and violla, was able to run backup cleanup (yay!)
    Looking through the backup log I found the message I was waiting for:
    [7/22/2007 9:56:03 PM  934] Checker: Finished checking backup database consistency, 0 error(s) found.

Cool.  Now it's off merging and pruning and whatnot.

I did finally get [7/22/2007 10:47:23 PM  934] Cleanup of the backup database has completed
    after (quite) a while. 

While I was messing around with backup cleanup I noticed another inconsistency / bug.  If you run a backup cleanup and hit ok (closing the Settings window) while the backup is still running the backup cleanup status in the Settings window is stuck when you go back and look at it.  But only if the backup cleanup has finished before you re-open the Settings window.  When you do go look at the Settings, the button still says Cancel Cleanup and the status bar is still at 5 % or 8 % or whatever it was at when you closed the window before.  As I already mentioned, if backup cleanup is still running and you reopen the Settings window it will re-sync the status bar and the button won't be messed up.

Hope this helps others.  Even if it doesn't, I'm happy with the results Smile

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 3:42 AM
  • The backup problem hit my Home Server today. Using the 10 step fix, or at least pieces of it , I was able to at least set up my Server to do backups later tonight. Interestingly enough, I was unable to "remove" the individual computers from the home server list, just getting the error that the backup process wasn't started. This was even after removing all the connector software packages from the indivdual computers. Additionally, deleting the backup folder files on the server did not go smoothly. I have 5 files that cannot be deleted, giving illegal file handle errors. I got around the problem by creating another folder with the backup folder name, so the Server would use the new folder (w/old name), and just renaming the original backup folder. I didn't try going into safe mode (don't even know if you can do so on the WHS) to delete the invalid files. I did do a disk check, w/fix file option checked, but it didn't repair the files so that I could delete them. Many thanks to the originator of the "10 step fix" -- much easier than a full reinstall!

Thursday, July 26, 2007 2:11 AM
  • Yup, worked for me also I knew there had to be some place that was not getting deleted but I spent about 6 hours trying to figure where it would keep info on them. I imagine with time you could figure out what needs to be deleted for a specific drive or volume without disturbing the rest of the backups as this is fairly drastic to just kill one drive, if you have one go bad or need to re-configure a machine as I did.

Thanks,

Stu

SAS

Sunday, July 29, 2007 4:07 PM
  • I ran into this to, I dont really have the space to do a full backup but it tried before i could figure out how to turn it off.

but the error seems to have gone away.

It would be nice to have an option to delete backups through the concole
    Monday, July 30, 2007 12:46 AM
  •  

Just started getting the same message, here are the CAB #'s

Server: 361673464

Client: 361669776

I'm not sure which of my client PCs may be associated with this problem. I have not tried the fix yet, will do soon.

Thanks.

Monday, July 30, 2007 9:15 PM

All,

Thanks!

Since this has been reported as fixed in RTM, do the devs still want CAB numbers from RC installs?

Monday, July 30, 2007 9:31 PM
  •  

Monday, July 30, 2007 11:16 PM
  •  SME wrote:
    Sometimes the Network will go red and report critical, in the console, and the details will say,
    "Backup server error"
    "A possible database consistency problem has been detected in the backup database."

}

I can't delete the files...keeps giving me an "Invalid File Handle" error...please advise.

Thanks

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 5:53 PM
  •  bummpr wrote:
     SME wrote:
    Sometimes the Network will go red and report critical, in the console, and the details will say,
    "Backup server error"

}

I can't delete the files...keeps giving me an "Invalid File Handle" error...please advise.

Thanks

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1341596&SiteID=50

CaveWizard explains this on page three, of this thread, too.

Search is your friend...
    Tuesday, July 31, 2007 6:52 PM
  •  

Hey Joel --

Since this problem has impacted so many beta users (in some cases multiple times), what are the chances of a patch to tide us over until RTM? Thanks!

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 7:21 PM
  •  reindeerdad wrote:

Hey Joel --

Since this problem has impacted so many beta users (in some cases multiple times), what are the chances of a patch to tide us over until RTM? Thanks!

I'm not Joel but since the RTM eval will be here in ~2-6 weeks, the odds of a patch are zero to none. Stick out tongue

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 7:53 PM
  • Never hurts to ask!!   

Not knowing what the actual fix entails, it may be good for a larger group of friendly users (like us...) run it through the wringer before RTM is unleashed on our neighbors & friends....

I know..... it will take resources from those kind programmers working on RTM fixes....

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 9:26 PM
  •  reindeerdad wrote:

Never hurts to ask!!   

Not knowing what the actual fix entails, it may be good for a larger group of friendly users (like us...) run it through the wringer before RTM is unleashed on our neighbors & friends....

I know..... it will take resources from those kind programmers working on RTM fixes....

If what you ask for is reasonable, it never hurts to ask.

No, RTM is done, it'll take away from V2 issues and we can wait for the RTM, since it is done.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 9:40 PM
  •  

There will not be any "patches" for beta or RC versions of the software.
    Tuesday, July 31, 2007 11:20 PM
  • That settles that. Wink
    Wednesday, August 1, 2007 12:18 AM
  •  

Well, I've just done steps 4, 5, and 6 for the fifth time, and for the fifth time, the problem has gone away ... Unfortunately, so have my backups ...

Is there no way to identify which backup is corrupted? And just delete the bad copy?

Friday, September 7, 2007 9:10 PM
  • No there isn't any way to identify which backup is triggering the error.  I use triggering instead of causing because in reality, there probably isn't anything wrong with your backups.  There was a problem with that database checker that has been resolved in later builds.  I have upgraded with this error from RC to RTM and the error did not carry over.

Friday, September 7, 2007 11:47 PM
  • I have this error constently now, every 2-3 days I get it, and I have done the procedure that is listed each time it happens and then it returns.  Could this be happening due to a bad hard drive?  What else should I try?

thanks

Sunday, September 23, 2007 1:59 AM
  •  

I just had that error on RTM. Windows Home Server:

Windows Home Server Console: 6.0.1500.0
    Windows Home Server Backup & Restore: 6.0.1500.0
    Windows Home Server Drive Extender: 6.0.1500.0
    Windows Home Server Remote Access: 6.0.1500.0
    Windows Home Server Storage Manager: 6.0.1500.0

Everything was fine...expect I was log'd into WHS remotely while on Amtrak via VZ wireless network. Lost connection and when I got home...backup service not working.

Had 5 computers, 2 which were VMware clients which have not been active for 2 weeks. System starts complaining of not backuping up computers for so long. Curious if these systems can be causing the problem? I did not have a backup running on any system and nothing rebooted....

Monday, September 24, 2007 11:48 PM
  • I woke up this morning to the exact same error as tfieldho describesabove  on a completly clean install of RTM (not even an Upgrade Server install from RC). If this is the same bug that was alledgedly fixed in RTM (and not a different bug with an identical client-side symptom) then the bug is not fixed in RTM.

All the symptoms were exactly the same, right down to the log file and Home Server event log entries. I fixed it by analysing the logs and deleting the problem files as his method describes. So, thanks tfieldho!

In my case, the problem files were identifed as follows in the backup log:

Code Block

[14/10/2007 10:29:51  51c] Checker: Error: File {638158DF-3F0A-4DBA-8B6B-824775446418}.XPSWAP.Volume.dat does not exist, but is referenced by the following files:
    [14/10/2007 10:29:51  51c] Checker: Error:     {638158DF-3F0A-4DBA-8B6B-824775446418}.XPSWAP.FileRecordHash.4096.dat
    [14/10/2007 10:29:51  51c] Checker: Error: File {638158DF-3F0A-4DBA-8B6B-824775446418}.CSWAP.Volume.dat does not exist, but is referenced by the following files:
    [14/10/2007 10:29:51  51c] Checker: Error:     {638158DF-3F0A-4DBA-8B6B-824775446418}.CSWAP.FileRecordHash.4096.dat

Now, I know why these Volume.dat files are missing. It's because I backed those particular volmes up in my first ever backup of the machine in question, but excluded those volumes in subsequent backups, and later deleted the first backup set using a manual run of Backup Cleanup. Presumably that's when the *Volume.dat files were deleted, but for some reason the *FileRecordHash.4096.dat files were not removed. Then when Backup Cleanup ran last night, it tripped over and produced the error I woke up to this morning.

I have installed the Windows Home Server Toolkit onto my server to install Talq (I believe it doesn't ship with RTM by default) and have sent a report (CAB 390178002).

I can also verify that this minor glitch is present in RTM:

tfieldho wrote:
    While I was messing around with backup cleanup I noticed another inconsistency / bug.  If you run a backup cleanup and hit ok (closing the Settings window) while the backup is still running the backup cleanup status in the Settings window is stuck when you go back and look at it.  But only if the backup cleanup has finished before you re-open the Settings window.  When you do go look at the Settings, the button still says Cancel Cleanup and the status bar is still at 5 % or 8 % or whatever it was at when you closed the window before.  As I already mentioned, if backup cleanup is still running and you reopen the Settings window it will re-sync the status bar and the button won't be messed up.
    Sunday, October 14, 2007 10:02 AM
  • wonderful.  I was hoping RTM was going to solve my problems.  Sounds like I still have my work cut out for me.

Thanks for the info, Jay.

tomf

Sunday, October 14, 2007 5:41 PM
  •  

Yup same problems here. Full clean install and update of WHS, Connector software on WHS copied over to main machine will not run so I have to use the Connector CD. No backups will start, exe's copied over to WHS then copied back will not run.

Main machine is a Vista Ultimate 86 fully updated, cannot backup. Had this problem before actually in the Beta, only 2 backups were ever able to complete. I figured that the release would fix my problems.

Second machine is a WinXP non updated (no SP2 becuase of old video capture hardware) will not backup. This one used to work fine until now.

Sunday, October 14, 2007 11:02 PM
  •  Tom Ziegmann wrote:
    Yes, keep reporting this issue. We have seen cases where these steps only temporarily solve the issue, but it comes back later. We are trying to find the root cause.

I had this issue today for the first time.  It happened after a power outage, if that makes any difference.  I am still running RC1 and have been since 6/13.  This is the first time it has happened in all that time.  Anything I can do information wise to help sort this one out.  So far all I've done is:

4) Open Windows Explorer and navigate to D:\folders\{00008086-058D-4C89-AB57-A7F909A47AB4}
    6) Reboot WHS

And run manual backups.  

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 12:11 AM
  • Hi there,

I followed tfieldho's instructions and I have managed to keep my backups whilst removing the database inconsistency error message.

Good job tfieldho!
    Sunday, December 2, 2007 11:11 AM
  • Hello all,

Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in, I've been running WHS for about a week now (retail OEM version) and I've seen this error twice already.  The first time I cleared it by deleting all my back-ups, but this time I wanted to see if I could clear it without having to resort to that.  Does anyone know when / if this will get fixed, because from an end user standpoint this is rediculous.  Also, I'll note that the link provided for 'more information' on the error just brings you to the WHS root webpage, which does nothing to help.

In my case, I can confirm that the cleanup now option is useless as it fails without any notification aside from the log files.

If anyone has any new information I'd love to hear it.

Thanks to those who have posted solutions to this problem.  If I'm able to work through this without having to delete everything I'll post what I find.

Cheers
    Monday, December 10, 2007 2:12 PM
  • Hi Happy:

It would be nice if you can figure out what's causing this error so often on your system.  Is it having difficulty with a drive, or is it experiencing unexpected restarts because of power issues, etc?  I've been running WHS since the first public beta and I've only seen this once.

When you look at the Homeserver section of the event logs, you'll probably see an error that says something about a failure of Createfile or a similar write error.  Shortly after that, the backup server fails because of the malformed file.  Unfortunately, that screwed up file is the backup database, and I've been unable to find a way to recover it.

Good luck with your quest.

I think the WHS team needs to look at this problem with an eye towards making the backup database more robust so that a momentary error doesn't hose the whole database.

Regards,

Merrill

Monday, December 10, 2007 10:32 PM
  • The same problem just happened to me.  I have used all versions since the begining and now using the 120 eval version.  This is the first time this error showed up.  The only addition I have is using Diskeeper 2008.  Hope this isn't causing some problems. 

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 12:04 AM
  • "When you look at the Homeserver section of the event logs, you'll probably see an error that says something about a failure of Createfile or a similar write error.  Shortly after that, the backup server fails because of the malformed file.  Unfortunately, that screwed up file is the backup database, and I've been unable to find a way to recover it."

Merrill - When I looked into it, I found an error referencing Control.4096.dat, and it then pointed out about 15 files that were referencing it.  I don't recall the specific error about it, but when i went to try '
    fsutil reparsepoint delete' against it, it said that it was invalid.  After a little more digging I decided that since I was still in the process of setting the system up to run that I was going to delete it this time and keep a close eye on it from now on.

The first time I saw this problem I was running this on an old P3 866 box I had lying around, with 45 and 80 GB drives in it and 512 MB ram.  Everything installed and ran fine, and after some tinkering with it and a few cancelled backups and such I got this error.  On that occasion I fully expect it was me that caused the error, so I deleted everything and didn't think twice about it.

Since then, I've put that machine aside.  I am currently running it in a VMServer machine on an Athlon64 X2 3800, 2GB RAM, XP Pro.  It has direct full access to a 500GB drive and has 512 ram dedicated to it.  I know that this isn't supported and I don't plan on leaving the machine running like this for long, but I need to buy some time so I can finish getting parts for the machine that will eventually house the server (low C2D, 2GB ram, 2x 500 GB).  In its current configuration, it is set to backup between 7pm and midnight, and then to shut itself down (windows sys32 shutdown command) at ~1245.  I've had no performance issues or connection or stability issues with it running in this fashion.  The only issue I see is that it can't be left running 24/7.  If I had only seen the error once, it wouldn't concern me, but the fact that I've seen it twice in only a few days and on a very different hardware setup worries me.

If I see it again, rest assured I'll post all the details I find here.

Thanks

- Happy G
    Tuesday, December 11, 2007 1:57 AM
  • Happy G.:

Yes, that's another of the file errors you'll see if you look through the many posts on this problem.  It is still part of that whole backup database that is in D:\folders\{00008086-058D-4C89-AB57-A7F909A47AB4}.  From what little I know about the way this backup system works, it seems very possible that running WHS in a virtual server would cause problems with this already apparently sensitive system.  Could it be that the shutdown is catching WHS before all the balancing is done and therefore hampering the creation or updating of Control.4096.dat?

Bet you'll see less of this kind of stuff when you get your dedicated machine up.  One recommendation:  If you can afford a third 500 GB drive, it would make the system faster and more secure - faster because the share files will be moved off the system disk giving you more landing room for file transfers and more secure because the extra disk will allow a copy of each duplicated file to be kept on each of the two non-system disks.

Regards,

Merrill

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 1:56 AM
  •  

Honestly, given what I've been seeing, I would have to agree that it has something to do with the whole "I want to shut you off at night" approach I'm trying to take.  Any time I've seen problems it's usually when I'm trying to shut off or restart the server, and I know that is when I first saw the problem.  When I restarted my older machine after running some backups, I had this error after it rebooted.  Hopefully when I have it on the new machine that I can leave running overnight I won't see this problem show up.

I deleted all the backups yesterday and wanted to start from scratch so I could see what is and isn't working.  When I looked at everythign this morning, all the machines hooked up to the server were backed up and after logging in, I found the consistency error again.  This time it seems to be an error in a data file, rather than the control or index files:

Code Block

[12/12/2007 7:35:07 AM  878] Checker: Error: Error 1392 opening file IP08.C.FileRecordHash.4096.dat

[12/12/2007 7:35:07 AM  878] Checker: Error: Error 1392 opening file IP08.C.VolumeCluster.4096.dat

[12/12/2007 7:35:07 AM  878] Checker: Error: Error 1392 opening file IP08.C.VolumeClusterLatest3.4096.dat

[12/12/2007 7:35:07 AM  878] Checker: Error: Error 1392 opening file IP08.G.VolumeClusterLatest3.4096.dat

[12/12/2007 7:35:10 AM  878] Checker: Error: File IP08.C.VolumeCluster.4096.dat does not exist, but is referenced by the following files:

[12/12/2007 7:35:10 AM  878] Checker: Error:     IP08.C.VolumeClusterLatest1.4096.dat

[12/12/2007 7:35:10 AM  878] Checker: Error:     IP08.C.VolumeClusterLatest2.4096.dat

[12/12/2007 7:35:10 AM  878] Checker: Finished checking backup database consistency, 5 error(s) found.

I'd be willing to bet that this is directly related to my shutting the system down.  I'm going to reset again and for now, I'm going to try and extend the time between the end of the backup window and the time I shut down the server and see what happens.

I'll keep posting as I learn more.

cheers

Edit:   When I attempted to delete the backups, I started getting errors that the files were corrupt and un-accessable.  And at this point I mean windows errors, not something through the WHS interface.  I was logged into the server directly.  After running chkdsk, it found and repaired file system errors and an MFT error.  This is another strike against shutting the machine down, as I see that as the most likely cause of the errors.  More to follow tomorrow...

Edit 2:   The next morning:  After relaxing the shutdown times, everything was backed up and in good repair.  Again, I'll post more as I learn it.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 1:55 PM
  • I'm using the 120 day eval copy (about a month now) and just got this database consistency error today. I've been using the server for both actual backups and testing different scenarios. The only real change I made in the last few days was to take my 64bit machine and install 32bit Vista (dual boot) and try to back up the machine under the 32bit OS. Because of the disk space on this machine, and the limited amount on space on the server, the backup failed twice. Once I seen that I was running out of disk space, I delete the failed backups and run the cleanup. Everything looked good after the clean up and now this morning the error appeared. Reading several of the postings, I looked at the latest backup log file and noticed that the 32bit Vista PC that had the failed backups had other errors associated with it in the log file...

[12/16/2007 2:00:23 AM  83c] Checker: Error: File RICHPC.C.Volume.dat does not exist, but is referenced by the following files:
    [12/16/2007 2:00:23 AM  83c] Checker: Error:     RICHPC.C.Boot.dat
    [12/16/2007 2:00:23 AM  83c] Checker: Error: File RICHPC.E.Volume.dat does not exist, but is referenced by the following files:
    [12/16/2007 2:00:23 AM  83c] Checker: Error:     RICHPC.E.Boot.dat
    [12/16/2007 2:00:23 AM  83c] Checker: Finished checking backup database consistency, 2 error(s) found.
    [12/16/2007 2:00:23 AM  83c] Cleanup: Database check failed, skipping cleanup
    [12/16/2007 2:00:23 AM  83c] Cleanup of the backup database has completed.
    [12/16/2007 2:00:23 AM  83c] CleanupScheduler: Finished cleanup

Once I removed this PC from the backup list, I issued the Backup Cleanup and as soon as it started, the Network Health went back to green and the cleanup is chugging along just fine. Prior to removing the PC from the backup list, the cleanup would show 0% for a few seconds and then disappear.

Sunday, December 16, 2007 7:49 PM
  • Using the Commercial Release (Purchased from MS).

"Backup server error"

As others have noticed you can run a manual backup, mark it for deletion and then manually run "cleanup now" which, if successful will reset the error.

However, as some have posted, sometimes the cleanup fails, as it just sits doing nothing.

This error can be cause by removal of a drive from one of the clients. 
    the pc.driveletter.Volume.dat file is removed but the other files still exist.  This gives the dreaded "database consistency problem ".
    ---
    12/28/2007 10:29:50 AM  86c] Checker: Error: File NEWDAD.H.Volume.dat does not exist, but is referenced by the following files:
    [12/28/2007 10:29:50 AM  86c] Checker: Error:     NEWDAD.H.Boot.dat
    [12/28/2007 10:29:50 AM  86c] Checker: Error:     NEWDAD.H.FileRecordHash.4096.dat
    [12/28/2007 10:29:50 AM  86c] Checker: Finished checking backup database consistency, 1 error(s) found.
    [12/28/2007 10:29:50 AM  86c] Cleanup: Database check failed, skipping cleanup
    [12/28/2007 10:29:50 AM  86c] Cleanup of the backup database has completed.
    [12/28/2007 10:29:50 AM  86c] CleanupScheduler: Finished cleanup
    [12/28/2007 10:29:50 AM  86c] CleanupScheduler: Next cleanup scheduled for 12/30/2007 2:00:00 AM
    ---
    Cleanup Backup will never run, and sooner or later you run out of disk space!!!

Solution is to manually rename the referencing files, in this case
    NEWDAD.H.Boot.dat -->  NEWDAD.H.Boot.dat.junk
    NEWDAD.H.FileRecordHash.4096.dat -->  NEWDAD.H.FileRecordHash.4096.dat.junk

from the WHSConsole, start "Cleanup backup" and the cleanup wioll now proceed and the database consistency error will be cleared.
    Friday, December 28, 2007 4:42 PM
  • Aaargh. I've already been having major problems with something else:

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2656886&SiteID=50

which I'm hopefully now on course to resolve thanks to this thread I found yesterday:

http://forums.microsoft.com/windowshomeserver/showpost.aspx?postid=1895516&siteid=50&sb=0&d=1&at=7&ft=11&tf=0&pageid=1

But in the mean time my wife's PC got its first backup (since the WHS was last wiped out!) last night, and I've awoken this morning to find the 'Critical' health status and the database consistency error under discussion in this thread. (I'm running an HP EX470 MediaSmart Server).

I've tried, I've really tried to follow this thread but I can't understand what I should really do about it.

All three of my wife's hard drives can be opened from the backup - does this mean I should tick 'Ignore this problem'? I can't think of a more incongruous tickbox than that one - a huge red window saying something is critical but the chance to ignore it! I'd rather get to the bottom of it.

I'm worried that this could just recur at any time. Is this still being actively worked on to prevent it happening in future? I'm very concerned at the various comments from Microsoft people saying that this is fixed in RTM - I hope it's still being addressed!

Anyway, can anyone tell me which of the numerous bits of advice in this thread I should actually be following? Will it be necessary to completely wipe out my backup database yet again? It takes around 24 hours solid to back up my three (very large!) PCs and I am so fed up with having to endure that wait for them all to get backed up after having wiped it out a few times now trying to resolve my other problem Sad

I'll be so grateful if someone can offer guidance with this. Thanks in advance.

Sunday, January 13, 2008 11:47 AM
  •  bitoclass wrote:

Aaargh. I've already been having major problems with something else:

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2656886&SiteID=50

which I'm hopefully now on course to resolve thanks to this thread I found yesterday:

http://forums.microsoft.com/windowshomeserver/showpost.aspx?postid=1895516&siteid=50&sb=0&d=1&at=7&ft=11&tf=0&pageid=1

Hopefully that works for you. It's again a lot of work

bitoclass wrote:
    But in the mean time my wife's PC got its first backup (since the WHS was last wiped out!) last night, and I've awoken this morning to find the 'Critical' health status and the database consistency error under discussion in this thread. (I'm running an HP EX470 MediaSmart Server).

I've tried, I've really tried to follow this thread but I can't understand what I should really do about it.

All three of my wife's hard drives can be opened from the backup - does this mean I should tick 'Ignore this problem'? I can't think of a more incongruous tickbox than that one - a huge red window saying something is critical but the chance to ignore it! I'd rather get to the bottom of it.

I'm worried that this could just recur at any time. Is this still being actively worked on to prevent it happening in future? I'm very concerned at the various comments from Microsoft people saying that this is fixed in RTM - I hope it's still being addressed!

Anyway, can anyone tell me which of the numerous bits of advice in this thread I should actually be following? Will it be necessary to completely wipe out my backup database yet again? It takes around 24 hours solid to back up my three (very large!) PCs and I am so fed up with having to endure that wait for them all to get backed up after having wiped it out a few times now trying to resolve my other problem

I'll be so grateful if someone can offer guidance with this. Thanks in advance.

I wrote a small how-to  for fixing database inconsisency error without having to delete all backups: Fixing Database Inconsistency errors. Hope this works for you. If it does, or if you have any problems not attended to in the how-to please drop a line in that thread.

Good luck

Sunday, January 13, 2008 1:34 PM
  •  

Has this issue been resolved? Should I follow the steps outlined here? My backup service has stopped working. I noticed this has happened when I was installing software on one of my clients.

Sunday, March 2, 2008 7:37 AM
  • Windows Home Server Toolkit has a feature that resolves this issue quite nicely, although I have not have the issue appear since I got the Toolkit.

Sunday, March 2, 2008 4:24 PM
  • I've gotten this error dozens of different times.   Just from plugging in a usb hard drive into the client.  It confuses backup and i have to do all the steps to delete the backups.  It's very frustrating.  I can't believe this hasn't been fixed.  I'm also running RAID 0 on the client so maybe that's causing it?
    Friday, January 1, 2010 1:32 AM
  • Based upon how many views this thread has I'm assuming that others still have this problem and just haven't taken the time to post about it.
    Friday, January 1, 2010 5:23 PM
  • Based upon how many views this thread has I'm assuming that others still have this problem and just haven't taken the time to post about it.

Actually, I wrote this tutorial 2.5 years ago because, back in the days of the WHS betas, the "database consistency problem" often could not be repaired by using the WHS Console. While I have had database issues since, now they can usually be repaired using supported methods.

If you look at the dates of the last few posts you'll see that you dug up an old, dead, thread that hadn't had a post in over 9 months. I'd guess that the number of people that have to manually repair the problem, using my tutorial, is probably very low.

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." -- Thomas Paine
    Friday, January 1, 2010 7:51 PM
  • Well, I couldn't repair my problems with the console backup repair/clean options.

I had to manually delete all the backups.

And like I've said this has happened to me multiple times now.
    Saturday, January 2, 2010 9:50 PM
  • For a variety of reasons, necroposting (posting to a thread that has been idle for months/years) is not a good idea. In addition, posting a new question to a thread that's marked as "answered" (as this one is, though it's not a "question" per se ) is likely to result in answers that aren't specifically related to your exact problem.

So could you perhaps post a brand new thread with your question/issue? Thanks!
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, January 3, 2010 4:20 PM