I'm a UK user, ex M04, have now installed Sunset M+ Deluxe v17, and all appears to be working.... RRS feed

• Question

• ... i exported all the files out of M04 as .qifs and imported into sunset with b/f balances.

I really like the interface and usability of sunset, but am be aware sunset is for US users.

Is it all going to go horribly wrong come January 2011? (i still have the M04 installation disc!)

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 8:56 AM

All replies

• Exporting to QIF and importing is the only sure fire way of moving from non-US to US version.

Most people don't do it because of the number of accounts they have.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 9:25 AM
  • thanks for the reply.

agreed, i had around 25 accounts and it took a few hours!

but is there any fundamental reason why as a UK user i cannot use a US version?

and will it still work after jan 2011?

and is there an easy way of avoiding duplicate tranactions on a QIF import?

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 9:39 AM
  • Once the product is "offline" by deifinition, the only difference of consequence is in anything tax related as Sunset implements US tax laws as of 2010.

Sunset expressly will work in Feburary of 2011 and beyond.

The transaction duplications that tend to occur w/ QIF import are Transfers and their close relatives Loan Payment and Credit Card Payment. The cure is to import all accounts at once--you can multi-select files suring the import process. (Unlike export when you mus texport one account at a time.)

• Marked as answer by scoobysnacks1 Tuesday, September 14, 2010 12:00 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by scoobysnacks1 Wednesday, September 15, 2010 12:10 PM
    Tuesday, September 14, 2010 11:07 AM
  • really helpful, thankyou.
    Tuesday, September 14, 2010 11:38 AM
  • if i can ask aswell, i don't see what disadvantages there are to moving to v17 sunset

as long as you can put up with words being spelt different (cheques!), and if don't use US tax, then as far as i can see there's no point (apart from the hassle) in not upgrading to the free latest version of money available?

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 12:10 PM
  • by the way, to anyone trying to export/import using QIFs, ms money only allows export of open accounts.

therefore you need to re-open any closed accounts, export, import, re-close, for it all to balance

phew!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 12:17 PM
  • Tip:

. Make a copy of your *.mny. Open the copy. Re-open closed accounts. Export.

That way you don't change your primary *.mny file and have no need to keep track and re-close the closed accounts.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011 4:00 PM