none
When are results posted for the 70-480 beta exam? RRS feed

• Question

• Back in June I took the beta version of the "Programming in HMTL5 with JavaScript and CSS3" certification exam.  You don't get a score immediately on the beta exams, but the results printout notes that MS will provide a score report "before the live version of this exam is released". 

The exam is now released and I haven't heard back from MS on my beta test results yet - is there any way to check on the status of beta evaluations?

Ras Fred

Monday, August 20, 2012 3:50 PM

Answers

• More specifically they said "It may take up to two weeks after the final version of the exam is publicly available for your beta score to appear on the Prometric website."  8 days down! 

So to Davin's point, if you are considering taking a beta exam as a way to get an early reading on the test or a jump on certification you are potentially better taking the exam when it is released.  You find out your results sooner, and your experience will be with the actual test, rather than a beta.

Ras Fred

• Marked as answer by Ras Fred Wednesday, August 29, 2012 3:06 AM
    Wednesday, August 29, 2012 3:06 AM

All replies

• Have a look at your exam history on the Prometric website.  It should state whether you have passed or failed.  if it doesn't, it means Microsoft has not released results yet.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 11:00 PM
  • ...and this is why I never take beta exams.

Ras - a coworker of yours could take the regular exam today and would have known immediately if they passed or failed while you, helping out Microsoft's certification team, are still wondering if you need to retake the exam. This happened to me several times and I disliked that uneasy, unknowing feeling.

To me, it just felt like I wasn't even important enough to Microsoft for them to send me an email if I passed or failed before the exam went live. They have our contact information.

What happens if you retake it now and it eventually turns out you had passed? I bet it has happened already.

I hope the Prometric site gave you your answer, as kindly suggested by Jeff below.

Good luck on your certifications and thank you for helping shape the HTML5/CSS3 exam. I am going to attempt this exam.

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson

Thursday, August 23, 2012 1:14 AM
    Answerer
  • All beta exams are marked before an exam goes live. 

The issue here is that the OP hasn't received their email (for one reason or another).

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton

Thursday, August 23, 2012 1:16 AM
  • Thanks everyone.  I contacted mcphelp@microsoft.com who let me know I should expect to see the results from Prometric within the next couple of weeks.

Ras Fred

Thursday, August 23, 2012 2:37 AM
  • More specifically they said "It may take up to two weeks after the final version of the exam is publicly available for your beta score to appear on the Prometric website."  8 days down! 

So to Davin's point, if you are considering taking a beta exam as a way to get an early reading on the test or a jump on certification you are potentially better taking the exam when it is released.  You find out your results sooner, and your experience will be with the actual test, rather than a beta.

Ras Fred

• Marked as answer by Ras Fred Wednesday, August 29, 2012 3:06 AM
    Wednesday, August 29, 2012 3:06 AM
  • if you are considering taking a beta exam as a way to get an early reading on the test or a jump on certification

Ras Fred

This is why Microsoft are moving back to “invite-only” beta testing as the whole purpose behind the process is to assist Microsoft with developing new exams, not to assist exams takers with getting a “free” certification.

Jeff Wharton

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 3:16 AM
  • It's nearly the middle of September and my Prometric history still says "Tested". Has anyone gotten their results yet? I tested on 19 of June.
    Wednesday, September 12, 2012 7:37 PM
  • Hi Robert,

I have not received results yet, although MS support is actively working on it.  I would recommend contacting  mcphelp@microsoft.com with your Prometric info.

Ras Fred

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 7:46 PM
  • The result for the 70-480 beta is out. I got the email from Microsoft that I passed the exam. : )
    Wednesday, September 19, 2012 9:13 AM
  • Excellent.  I haven't received the email yet, but I do show as "passed" instead of "tested" on the Prometric exam.

Ras Fred

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 12:26 PM
  • Congratulations, everyone, who passed.

Thanks for sharing that you received beta exam results one month after it was released to the general public.

Thank you!

Best wishes and good luck to all.

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 8:02 PM
    Answerer