SyncToy 2.0 changes file names FROM file~.ext TO file FINAL.ext RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone.
    I know the topic title may not be that clear, but here is the thing.
    I have one winxp pro sp3 pc and and win vista x64 ultimate pc, i have synctoy v2.0 (x64) installed in the vista pc, these 2 pcs are in the same domain, so i want to create a backup of a shared folder in the xp pro pc in the win vista pc, but i dound out something odd, there some files in the winxp pro shared folder that have the ~ shared in the file name and after i ran synctoy i got a huge amount of errors saying the following:

Error: Cannot write to the destination file. Cannot create a file when that file already exists. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700B7) Copying \\<winxp-pro>\>shared-folder>\<folder1>\<subfolder1>\<subfolder1-1>\<file~.ext> to DriveLetter:\<winvista64>\Backup <shared folder from winxp-pro>\<folder1>\<subfolder1>\<subfolder1-1>\<file~.ext>

I've read somewhere about permissions on the winxp pro pc and the shared folder has permissions for total control for all users.

The strangest part is....i looked in the destination folder in the win vista pc, and the file~.ext and "was not copied" actually is the, but instead of the ~ char, it was replaced by the word FINAL.

I really don't know what to do with this since i really like to use synctoy for all my backup needs, any help or any help pointing me in the right direction is greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all for your support.

Cheers
    Friday, March 5, 2010 9:23 PM