MS Dynamics CRM 2013 + Trace path not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have MS Dynamics CRM 2013 onpremise version. I have enabled tracing through registry and specified different path for entry "TraceDirectory". But still trace entries are getting created at default CRM location i.e. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Trace.

Is there any way to change this default path?

Thanks

Krish

Saturday, December 5, 2015 8:38 PM

All replies

• One of the MS blog states following ....

The TraceDirectory registry entry specifies the directory for the trace log files. The directory must exist, and the user who starts the Microsoft CRMAppPool must have full control over this directory. When you install Microsoft CRM, the default user is NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE. This entry is only required for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0. For later versions, the trace directory is set to the install location of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM program files, C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Trace

Does this mean that there is no way we can change this path? or there is any alternative exits?

Saturday, December 5, 2015 8:46 PM
  • Hi,

Trace directory can be changed using powershell. Open a powershell with admin rights and execute the following script to change the folder. Have tested this and it is working.

Add-PSSnapin Microsoft.Crm.PowerShell

$setting = Get-CrmSetting TraceSettings
    $setting.Enabled=$True
    $setting.CallStack=$True
    $setting.Directory="E:\Trace"
    $setting.FileSize=10

Set-CrmSetting $setting
    Get-CrmSetting TraceSettings

Regards,

Jithesh

• Proposed as answer by F.Kuyler Tuesday, December 8, 2015 11:50 AM
    Monday, December 7, 2015 2:29 AM