Undeploy an OCS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a Standard OCS deployed. Due to some issue I have deployed another Standard OCS in the same AD. Everything works correctly. I have stop the all the OCS' services of the first OCS to be sure that it is not used anymore.
    Now I would like to deactivate this first OCS. So i use the snap-in according to the OCS Admin guide :

Expand Services and Applications, right-click Office Communications Server 2007, point to Deactivate, and then click the server role you want to deactivate

But it warns me that all the accounst created on the AD by the first OCS will be deleted. But when I have install the second OCS I use these accounts.
    So I would like to know how can I uninstalling my first OCS without disturbing the second one.

Thanks for you help !
    Wednesday, November 26, 2008 6:34 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

When you deployed your first OCS Servers you "homed" all your users on the particular server and associated SQL database. If you want to keep your second OCS server in production you will need to move all your users from the first server to the second server.

If you have a large number of users you can use the following resource kit tool to help you automate this:

Bulk/Single Move Users Script (moveusers.wsf)
    The Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 Single/Bulk Move Users script, Moveusers.wsf, is used to move users from one computer running Office Communications Server 2007 to another. This script produces an ANSI file as output. It can accept an ANSI or Unicode file as input for bulk user moves and can accept a SIP URI and a destination pool as input for single user moves.

Sincerely,

Tonino Bruno

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 9:02 AM
  • Thanks for your reply, but I have already move all users to my second OCS, there is no one left on the first OCS Server.
    So as I said before my first OCS Server is now useless to me and I would like to uninstalling it without erasing all the services accounts created in the AD during the first installation of OCS Server.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 9:15 AM
  • In that case you should be safe to disregard that message, your service accounts won't be removed so there is no impact for your second OCS server.

Sincerely,

Tonino Bruno

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 9:30 AM
  • Take a look at these two blog articles if you need assistance cleaning up remnants of a previous OCS installation:

http://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/schertz_jeff/Pages/Post.aspx?_ID=13 

http://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/schertz_jeff/Pages/Post.aspx?_ID=31

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 2:05 PM
  • Ok, so I will safely uninstall my first OCS server.
    Thanks for you help !
    Thursday, November 27, 2008 6:48 AM