Pentahoe and Dynamcis CRM 4.0 RRS feed

Answers

• I have not run across anyone that uses it.  One important distinction between the two is that Scribe is Microsoft certified so its product adheres to the SDK when importing data.  Since data integrity is the life force of any viable CRM system, I also encourage Organizations to go with certified methods for importing data whether that be Scribe, the CRM Import Wizard, the Data Migration Manager, or writing a custom import process that strickly adheres to the SDK. 

Using a different method for getting data into the system will at best leave you with a lot of data issues or worse case, render your application unusable.  The end result of both is that the risk for rework and project failure is high.

Best Regards | Twitter: edwardsdna
    • Proposed as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Friday, April 9, 2010 1:15 PM
    • Marked as answer by sixty4 Friday, April 9, 2010 1:50 PM
    Friday, April 9, 2010 1:14 PM

All replies

• I have not run across anyone that uses it.  One important distinction between the two is that Scribe is Microsoft certified so its product adheres to the SDK when importing data.  Since data integrity is the life force of any viable CRM system, I also encourage Organizations to go with certified methods for importing data whether that be Scribe, the CRM Import Wizard, the Data Migration Manager, or writing a custom import process that strickly adheres to the SDK. 

Using a different method for getting data into the system will at best leave you with a lot of data issues or worse case, render your application unusable.  The end result of both is that the risk for rework and project failure is high.

Best Regards | Twitter: edwardsdna
    • Proposed as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Friday, April 9, 2010 1:15 PM
    • Marked as answer by sixty4 Friday, April 9, 2010 1:50 PM
    Friday, April 9, 2010 1:14 PM
  • Thanks and you have given me some of the talking points I can propose to upper-mgmt!
    Friday, April 9, 2010 1:50 PM