none
Remove "unknown" volumes from backup selection RRS feed

• Question

• I think I've seen an answer to this question before, but for the love of me, I cannot find it.  So here goes.

I have a system with two disk drives that I back up every day.  When I go into "Configure Backup" from the console for this system, I see a number of drives that used to be connected to this box, but have long been removed.  I want to remove mention of any and all disks that are not currently connected to my system.

Does anybody know how to do this?

This is just a matter of cleaning up my Home Server after running it for the past 6 years.

Thanks.

Greg ...

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 1:03 PM

All replies

• Hi,

are all backups frome these disks already "phased out" or are some still available in the backup history?

Since I'm currently out of home with no access to my old server and clients, I cannot check deeper, if there is need to remove some entry manually after all backups of a drive are expired and cleaned up.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 5:52 PM
  • Good Morning Olaf, thanks for replying.

The drives in question are no longer used.  What appears to happen is that I have done a full bare metal restore to a new (and larger) disk using either the Home Server Restore CD.  After the full restore, the WHS connector starts up and tells me that it "sees" a new disk on the restored system.  Now when I go into the Configure Backup for the restored system, I see the new drive, plus I see the old drive with a "Location" of Unknown and a "Status" of Not Connected". 

Each of the systems that are configured with the WHS Connector have disks as described above.  Each has had a new drive(s) added over the years so on each of these systems I have these disconnected drives.  I would like to get rid of them.  I seem to remember somebody else having this problem and they were told that some file(s) had to be deleted manually and then run a "Backup Cleanup and Database Repair".

By the way, this is WHS with Power Pack 3 and not the 2nd version!

Greg ...

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 6:13 PM