manchester united soccer schools in India RRS feed

• Question

• MUSS in Goa

Guys Manchester United Soccer School have landed in Goa and are gonna start scouting youngsters from the 27th onwards till 2nd Nov. Over 5000 students have registered so far. After the completion of his batch 12 Goans will be picked to go to manchester for further grooming. Man i'm jst xcited :-) Go United! I'll be at the stadium... If anyone is around catch ya there....
    also UTD legend McClair will be present there for the training sessions

Thursday, October 25, 2007 5:55 AM

All replies

• McClair would be there ...marvalous man.....
    Thursday, October 25, 2007 6:27 AM
  • some more details regarding this:

The All India Football Federation and Manchester United Soccer Schools sowed the seeds for what it tomtommed as a new beginning for football in India.
    The AIFF, Bharti Airtel and Goa Football Association today announced the launch of Kick Off, an innovative talent identification and development programme – powered by Manchester United Soccer Schools’ world famous coaching programme — designed to help find young football talent in Goa.
    “This is a new beginning for football in India. Kick-off is the AIFF’s most ambitious development programme yet,” AIFF General Secretary Alberto Colaco told reporters during a briefing at a city hotel.
    Starting October 27, more than 5,500 children will undergo trials for a week under the watchful and experienced eyes of MUSS officials, at Nehru Stadium, Fatorda.
    The AIFF General Secretary said Airtel’s innovative and forward thinking approach made possible Kick Off, India’s first step on the journey to world footballing status.
    Airtel is investing an undisclosed amount towards the successful implementation of the programme, but Manu Talwar, CEO, Bharti Airtel’s says money is never an issue.
    The Airtel CEO said Kick Off will go a long way in promoting a rich football and sporting culture in Goa.
    “We believe that the talent exists in Goa and need to identify and nurture it through such initiatives.”
    Manchester United coach Sir Alex Ferguson is among many of those at MUSS who believe in India’s football potential.
    “It is clear to see that with such a huge population in India the potential for football to grow is enormous, and we are delighted to be involved in the further development of the game (in India), “Sir Alex Fergusson said in a message.
    For almost a week from Saturday, Kick Off will provide the opportunity for thousands of those aspiring to follow in the footsteps of David Beckham, Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Wayne Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo.
    A coaching team from MUSS will supervise the programme, assisted by Manchester United legend Brian McClair, Head of Manchester United’s Youth Academy.
    From amongst 5,500 children, a dozen extremely talented, and skillful, youngsters will get the chance of their lifetime – to train for a week at MUSS, next summer.
    “Two Goan coaches will accompany the 12 players selected for the week-long residential course at Mancuester United Soccer Schools,” Dale Hobson, Head of Operations told reporters.
    A panel of six MUSS coaches, 2 sports scientists, 2 sports psychologists, a nutritionist and 29 Goan coaches will scrutinize the 5,500 children before picking the best dozen of the lot.
    Among those who were present for the briefing include Goa Football Association secretary Savio Messias and IMG senior vice-president Andrew Wildrblood.

Thursday, October 25, 2007 6:34 AM

• great news .........for the future of indian sports
    Thursday, October 25, 2007 10:37 AM
  • I,Aditya Raj 13yrs want to register my name for manchester united soccer schools in Goa.Please alert me with the date of startin sessions.
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 5:55 AM
  • I am Anish Patil 12yrs old, I want to register for the manchester united school. Please alert me with the dates of sessions
    Sunday, December 6, 2009 3:07 PM