Office Standard 2007 Military Appreciation Edition Product Key RRS feed

• Question

• Please help. I just purchased this product from a Army post exchange. The 3rd character of the product key is not a letter, number, or standard key board symbol. It appears to be two dots aligning with the tops of the other characters. I tried using "H", "K", "V", and "X" as possible characters, but these were all invalid. Did I just receive a bad product key and should exchange the product? Or is Microsoft outsmarting me again?

Thanks,
    Rob
    Wednesday, August 5, 2009 12:08 AM

Answers

• Hello porchinga,

Product Key should only consiste of normal letters and number  (no &^%$#@! type symbols would be used).  My assumption is that a Printing Error, of some sort, occured when this product key was being printed.  If possible, return or exchange the Office for a new one.

If they won't accept returns/echanges, call Office Support found at http://support.microsoft.com and they will assist you.  Note: Install issues are usually supported at no cost (and an unreadable Product Key should qualify as an install issue) but since you just bought the software, it should still be within it's free support period, anyways.

Hope that helps,
    Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, August 5, 2009 9:04 PM
    Wednesday, August 5, 2009 9:03 PM