Track in CRM button missing from Contacts page RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

Having a very strange problem. I have a user who when he opens up one of his contacts, the CRM toolbar is missing from the top of the page, including the 'Track in CRM' button. If I log in as myself or any other user, it is fine so it must be something specific to his profile. Everything else CRM-related works fine for him-- just the button on a Contact.

OS is Windows Vista

Outlook is 2007.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 8:11 PM

Answers

• Hi Joe, I'm sure you've already tried these, but there are some basic checks worth doing:

• Run the CRM Diagnostics program and check that the client is configured correctly
    • Check the user's CRM security profile to ensure they have sufficient privileges to create contacts (can other users with the same security role see the Track in CRM button?)
    • Has this user tried loggin in on another computer on which the same version of the client is installed?

Hopefully these will turn up the cause of the problem?

Neil

P.S. A couple of my customers are looking for a way to turn OFF the 'Track in CRM' button for Outlook contacts. It's a horrible feature that bypasses any data validation you might have configured in CRM and doesn't associate the contacts with an account, so although it's very easy for users it is a data quality manager's nightmare feature! So please let me know the cause of your issue so that I can build it in to my customers' Outlook clients!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 9:13 AM

All replies

• Hi Joe, I'm sure you've already tried these, but there are some basic checks worth doing:

• Run the CRM Diagnostics program and check that the client is configured correctly
    • Check the user's CRM security profile to ensure they have sufficient privileges to create contacts (can other users with the same security role see the Track in CRM button?)
    • Has this user tried loggin in on another computer on which the same version of the client is installed?

Hopefully these will turn up the cause of the problem?

Neil

P.S. A couple of my customers are looking for a way to turn OFF the 'Track in CRM' button for Outlook contacts. It's a horrible feature that bypasses any data validation you might have configured in CRM and doesn't associate the contacts with an account, so although it's very easy for users it is a data quality manager's nightmare feature! So please let me know the cause of your issue so that I can build it in to my customers' Outlook clients!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 9:13 AM