How to edit Form Assistant in CRM 4.0? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Techies,

I have been facing a problem with form assistant on one of the entity with our crm 4.0. The problem is that, I can see an attribute name twice in my form assistant drop down. I was just trying to see how we can configure what attributes we need to show in form assitant dropdown and how to hide/disable/remove the values from the form assitant. But i did not find any useful info.

Can any body expalin me in brief about customizing form assitant and how it works?

Thanks in Advance

Sreeni Pavalla

Sreeni Pavalla
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 11:48 AM

All replies

• We cannot change or customize the form assistant
    Saturday, July 30, 2011 6:39 AM
  • Hi,

You can not customize the Form Assistant using the supported way whether it is changing or hiding fields etc.. if attributes are duplicated then i would suggets you to rename the attribute to give them more appropriate names i.e. if i have 2 customer lookup attributes duplicated then i can name them as either 1. Customer , 2. Customer or if i know their roles (one is Vendot Account and other is Customer Account) then i would rename first one to Vendor Account and Second one to Customer Account.

Unsupported Method

You can hide the fields using unsupported way, by getting the field id using IE Developer Tools and hiding them via document.all.<fieldname>.style.display = "none"; , just a note that Form Assistant is loaded into another IFrame.

* The above mentioned Unsupported Method is not recommended and should not be use because it may cause such customizations to be overwritten and arrise problems during update or upgrade system. Also in CRM 2011 Form Assistant is only available for 1-2 forms and it has been reomved from entities like Accounts, Contacts..etc and custom entities.

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    Sunday, July 31, 2011 6:48 AM