I am losing network connection after rebooting RRS feed

• Question

• I recently installed another hard drive. Everything was working fine but when I rebooted it doesn't see the network. The NIC is fine in device manager and I am seeing no other issues but it will not connect. Does anybody have any thoughts
    Saturday, April 4, 2009 3:39 PM

Answers

• As a note, it is telling me the network cable is unplugged. Nothing has changed from that regard. I uninstalled and reinstalled the card but it still does not work.

• Marked as answer by dronk Saturday, April 4, 2009 3:54 PM
    Saturday, April 4, 2009 3:50 PM

All replies

• As a note, it is telling me the network cable is unplugged. Nothing has changed from that regard. I uninstalled and reinstalled the card but it still does not work.

• Marked as answer by dronk Saturday, April 4, 2009 3:54 PM
    Saturday, April 4, 2009 3:50 PM
  • It is working. I will tell on myself. The original network card was part of cluster so I didn't remove from the PC. I just installed a new card. I plugged the network cable in to the old port. LOL

Saturday, April 4, 2009 3:54 PM
  • As a note, it is telling me the network cable is unplugged.

Well, that would explain why you can't see the network. :)

Nothing has changed from that regard. I uninstalled and reinstalled the card but it still does not work.
    When you say "I uninstalled and reinstalled the card", do you mean the drivers or the card itself?  Is the NIC built-in to the mobo?
    Saturday, April 4, 2009 3:55 PM
  • I uninstalled the drivers. The original was part of the board and would not work so I had to add a new card.
    Saturday, April 4, 2009 6:19 PM