Some questions about Cliplets RRS feed

• Question

• Firstly thanks to the devs for creating Cliplets, although it's still just a research project I'm already finding it very useful. I'm glad there is now a native desktop app for working on these rather than having to use an app on my phone. I appreciate how light the app is and how simple it is to quickly create nice looking animations.

My questions:

1. Is there a way to control the length of the output clip? It seems to have a minimum length that is fixed at the length of the input clip. For example, I might take a 10-second clip but only use 1 second of repeating footage, yet it still forces me to output a 10-second clip that contains 10 repetitions of the same 1-second movement. This results in a GIF that is sometimes too large to expect people to load on the web.

2. Is there a way to fix a layer at the same length as the selection above? I like the ability for time dilation/compression but often I just want the layer to play at the same speed as the original, and you can only really eyeball that the length on the bottom is the same as on the top.

3. The player at the top should only play the selected portion; this would help in gauging whether a particular repeated movement is going to look natural or not.

4. The ability to zoom in would be very useful in making exact mask selections.

5. Finally it would be great to have the ability to crop the actual images and control output resolution.

Thanks again and hope to see further development on this awesome tool!

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 6:13 PM

All replies

• Hello.  Thanks for this great feddback.  For questions 1,2 the answer is no, the output is always 10s long and we don't currently have a great way to specify 1:1 on the timing.  3,4,5 are great ideas.  The good news is that we are working on an update, so please do look for that in the coming months.
    Thursday, November 29, 2012 5:44 PM
  • Thanks for replying to my questions. Looking forward to the updates!
    Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:17 PM