Suggestion: Indication of Recording to Remote Participants RRS feed

• Question

•  

I suggest that if any of the praticipants during a communication records/saves the transactions, the other remote participants must be alterted by the application.
    Friday, October 3, 2008 8:15 AM

All replies

• This already exists.  When a presenter begins a recording the participants will get three indications - 1) a pop-up window in the lower right corner of the screen telling them that a recording has started and giving them the option to leave the meeting 2) the Live Meeting title bar flashes up text that says "Recording Started" 3) a red recording dot appears in the top left of the Live Meeting window. 

Friday, October 3, 2008 5:10 PM
  • Mike,

I think he might be referring to OC IM conversations that are archived by a remote OCS system.  The topic has been discussed before but I think the consensus is that anytime you are communicating with a remote system you should always assume that environment has the ability to record and log any type of communications, just like email.

Internal OC users can be configured (via GPO) to receive a customized message at the top of their OC window for each conversation that could remind them of corporate archiving policies.

Monday, October 6, 2008 12:26 PM
  • Good point.  The term "recording" had me thinking of the LM recording tool rather than "archiving" that is used with OCS IM sessions.  Of course there's always the standard business communication rule to fall back on - "Don't say anything that you wouldn't want a judge to hear." 

Monday, October 6, 2008 5:05 PM
  • ...Or a gossipy secretary! I learned that one very early in my professional career.

In reference to my previous post, the GPO setting for this is entitled "Warning Text" and the registry key is IMWarning

Code Snippet
    IMWarning
    REG_SZ
    string (MaxLen 256)
    Define custom text for Conversation window

Here's an example of what it would look like in the client's window.  Again this is only for authenticted users (internal or external) and not visible on federated or PIC partner's windows.

Monday, October 6, 2008 5:28 PM