Easy way to reset IIS to default WHS configuration? RRS feed

• Question

• I was trying to install Home Seer 2 on my WHS so that one server could handle my home automation and home backup tasks. HomeSeer 2 is a web-based application. When I installed it, WHS would not allow HomeSeer2's web pages to load. I attempted to add the HomeSeer2 web site to the "allowed" list in IIS, but somehow managed to hose the WHS web site in the process.

Two questions:

1) Any way I can recover the web server funcationality of WHS without a complete reinstall? I pretty sure that IIS configurations can be saved as text files. Is there a "default" one for WHS that I can load?

2) How, if I get this fixed, do I allow HomeSeer's .aspx based web site to be served (locally) from IIS?

Thanks!

QR

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 2:00 AM

All replies

• Did you ever find a resolution for this?  I also have a problem w/ my default web site and am looking for a configuration file (or just the general settings) to restore IIS back to it's default settings.

Thanks,

Kenneth

Monday, June 25, 2007 8:51 PM
  •  

I have exactly the same problèms. Do you have found a working solution
    Saturday, May 10, 2008 12:19 PM
  • You might want to check directly with HomeSeer, but I believe that their software will simply switch to a different port if it sees that port 80 is already in use.
    Saturday, May 10, 2008 2:14 PM