Time(stamp) issue on FAT drives not fixed in Synctoy 2.1? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I was thrilled yesterday to see that Synctoy 2.1 was released , and that the timestamp issue is fixed:
    "Fixed the UI issue where reported file time were off by the difference between local time and UTC when destination is a FAT volume."
    I synced all folders with v2.0 one last time, as told, but apparently the issue above is not fully fixed yet. When I try to sync a folder pair again, one on a NTFS file server and the other on a FAT USB stick, half of the roughly 1000 files have to overwritten, to get the pair back in sync. However, it should be in snyc of course, because I synced them just before with v2.0. According to v2.1 the files to be synced in the 'FAT side' are supposed to be one hour 'newer' than those on the NTFS side. I am in the GMT+1 time zone, so that explains the one hour difference (given the bug mentioned above). <edit> After reading Deepa's post of August 21st, 2008 on whether v2.0 beta  had the issue or not, I got the idea that the one hour difference may also be caused by the DST change, and indeed this seems to be the case. I could at least confirm that Synctoy wants to copy a file that was created in September, while it does not want to copy a file that was created after the last weekend of October (i.e. the weekend we switch back to winter time here in Europe). So maybe the issue is half-fixed? </edit> When I look in the Windows Explorer the file timestamps on the FAT drive are correct.
    Any suggestions on how to solve this would be appreciated. Of course, I could just redo the sync, but for another restore operation I really need to only copy those files that are really newer, and not those that just appear so.
    Thanks!
    Friday, November 13, 2009 9:51 AM

All replies

• HI pufeligel,

Thanks for you valuable feedback and reported issue, we will check.

thanks.
    Joey Liang
    Your potential our passion This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, November 27, 2009 7:17 AM