none
How can I use the UMXdot11.exe and UMXSDRab.exe to implement the real-time communication between two sora stations? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, everyone.

I notice that UMXdot11.exe cannot be used to communicate with other Sora Station. The orders I used is as follows:

-dut start

-%Sora_path/UMXdot11.exe tx/rx

Is there someone can tell me What I have missed?

By the way, the UMXSDRab.exe has the same problem. The two sora stations have been set to be Ad hoc mode and client mode, respectively. But the association state in both of them is "No association". 

How can I implement the the real-time communication between two sora stations in UMX mode? Hope for your useful reply.

Friday, April 20, 2012 1:25 AM

Answers

• It might be the problem of tx and rx gain setting. Once they have been properly set, it provides a simple way that shows two SORA nodes communcate with each other.

Before using UMXdot11.exe, run hardware verification tool (HWVeri.exe) first and find parameters that two SORA communicate well. After that, if you run UMXDot11, probably you will see that it succeeds to communicate.

Friday, April 20, 2012 6:32 PM

All replies

• HI:

Maybe U should configure the umxdot11.ini file first.

And I  found that two sora can communicate in 11b protocol but not in 11a.

Hoping helpful.

Friday, April 20, 2012 3:35 AM
  • It might be the problem of tx and rx gain setting. Once they have been properly set, it provides a simple way that shows two SORA nodes communcate with each other.

Before using UMXdot11.exe, run hardware verification tool (HWVeri.exe) first and find parameters that two SORA communicate well. After that, if you run UMXDot11, probably you will see that it succeeds to communicate.

Friday, April 20, 2012 6:32 PM
  • Hi,fuuc,

I have the same situation to rainflow. I use the command

-dut start

-%Sora_path/UMXdot11.exe tx/rx

but the output is receive 0 correct frame, and the throughput is 0.000Mbps.

Could you tell me what is your cmd command to use umxdot11.exe? And what is your cmd output?

Hope for your reply. 

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 1:39 AM
  • Problem resolved.

And it also can work in 11a.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 2:32 AM